Westerdam Culinary Courtyard Experience

annbanan

The Culinary Courtyard on the Lido Deck has waiters serving and food to order now.

This sounds like the dinner in the Lido that the ships have had for a good while now. Maybe just renamed 'Culinary Courtyard'? No one else has mentioned any changes in the Lido?

Exactly what were you told, annbanan? :confused:

OK OK, I found this on the Westerdam site on HALs website.

CHOOSE

from several dining options, including the casual Windstar Café and Lido Restaurant, now transformed into a culinary courtyard.

OTHER DINING

1. Complimentary in-room dining
  2. Made-to-order dinner entrees and table-side waiter service in the enhanced Lido - our popular casual dining alternative

I just want to know what has changed? What do they cook to order?

Thanks, Ann

OK OK, I found this on the Westerdam site on HALs website.

CHOOSE

from several dining options, including the casual Windstar Café and Lido Restaurant, now transformed into a culinary courtyard.

OTHER DINING

1. Complimentary in-room dining
  2. Made-to-order dinner entrees and table-side waiter service in the enhanced Lido - our popular casual dining alternative

I just want to know what has changed? What do they cook to order?

Thanks, Ann

I don't think anything has changed, it's just marketing. The culinary courtyard I believe is just another word for the different "stations" on the Vista Class ships. I think the complimentary in-room dining is a fancy word for Room Service. And the casual dining alternative, cook to order, is what the Lido is in the evening. I have not participated in the casual dining for dinner in the Lido YET, but from what I have read, the protocol is that you serve yourself your own soup/salad/appetizer, and then put "your order in" sorta speak for the main dish you would like. This sounds like what they are describing...just fancy talk, you know, LOL.

That is my take, but I could be wrong.

Marie

Archived