Future Cruise Credit and Deposits

Folks, 

It may have been answered in the past; I went back many pages and couldn't find a discussion. I've been off the board for almost a year but back and considering two new bookings.

1. Can a future cruise credit be used for the cost of a deposit? (I called RCI to ask 4 FCC questions. Three were answered with great confidence; this one was an "Uhhhh."

2. Can a future cruise credit be used to pay the entire fare at the time of booking, thus eliminating the need for a deposit?

I went through a mock booking until the final step and it said I would get the final information about FCC use after making the booking. And the "pay $250 from your credit card" button was still there.

Help greatly appreciated. Fifteen months since my last cruise; I am ready and anxious to start again.

Thanks in advance.

20 minutes ago, John Reid said:

Folks, 

It may have been answered in the past; I went back many pages and couldn't find a discussion. I've been off the board for almost a year but back and considering two new bookings.

1. Can a future cruise credit be used for the cost of a deposit? (I called RCI to ask 4 FCC questions. Three were answered with great confidence; this one was an "Uhhhh."

2. Can a future cruise credit be used to pay the entire fare at the time of booking, thus eliminating the need for a deposit?

I went through a mock booking until the final step and it said I would get the final information about FCC use after making the booking. And the "pay $250 from your credit card" button was still there.

Help greatly appreciated. Fifteen months since my last cruise; I am ready and anxious to start again.

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes a FCC can be used for the deposit

2. The FCC can be used to pay the entire cruise fare other than port fees and taxes as well as gratuities, insurance, flights and hotels.  

You CANNOT use the FCC to pay the deposit on line.  You must call

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, leyla said:

I think taxes are required to be paid, no matter how much fcc is worth.  At least it was for me.  

Yes... port fees/tax that's the policy for everyone. If you have an excess on the FCC after cruise is paid for it will revert to a new FCC. in that amount.

It's a glitch in the system. I booked a cruise last week using FCC,s. When I gave my name, the FCC's came up to the rep's puter. Both mine and my wife's. He did the booking with no problem, and no additional monies. The whole thing took about 15 minutes.