Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral

scmom77

1 minute ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Either sold out, but more than likely just pulled out of circulation so that they don't hit max capacity. I'm sure that they don't know yet what % they're going to be shooting for.

Tom

thanks for not yelling at a me tom. 🙂.  as long as she sails before my final payment. 

4 minutes ago, stellarose said:

I need videos, photos and yes videos. 

I don't follow his blog, but I'm betting John Heald has been fully vaccinated. He needs to jump on the Mardi Gras and do a daily report as they head across the pond !!!

Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/11/2021 at 8:41 AM, ProgRockCruiser said:

Not sure of the relevance of you post?  Fuels are made all over the worlds and shipped elsewhere in various forms.  There are LNG pipelines in FL, dunno where it is originally from (I would guess LA or offshore in the gulf, but it would be just a guess).

I suspect (!) that Port Canaveral has been selected because they have enough area to install a full-blown LNG facility (removing need to rely on barges) to support all the cruise lines that want to bring in LNG ships, which seems to be the plan as @Moviela mentioned.

Big LNG plant in Mobile.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 2:16 PM, SwordBlazer Cruising said:

MardiGras is arriving in Port Canaveral not Miami as previously stated above and she will make her way over within the next 20 days give or take. 

On 5/10/2021 at 2:30 PM, SNJCruisers said:

And you know this as fact how?

SwordBlazer Cruising was right on with the facts.

1 minute ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

OK - so the next question they can help us with... "when will she carry passengers"?  🙂

Tom

John Heald had said he was going to go Galveston after he goes on the Horizon on 7/3 but he changed that yesterday because he's going to be on the Mardi Gras.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

When will he be on the Mardi Gras?

He didn't say but it seemed as if it was going to be right after the Horizon which gets back on the 10th of July.

Edited by regoodwinjr
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

He didn't say but it seemed as if it was going to be right after the Horizon which gets back on the 10th of July.

I wonder if he is planning on cruising on the Mardi Gras for its first cruise with paying passengers or maybe he will do a test cruise.  It will be interesting when he is on the ship.  I will definitely have to follow along to see how it goes on his trip.  He is hilarious.  He did the Love & Marriage show on one of my cruises and I laughed so hard through the entire show.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I don't follow his blog, but I'm betting John Heald has been fully vaccinated. He needs to jump on the Mardi Gras and do a daily report as they head across the pond !!!

Tom

^^^^^^THIS!!!   John, are you listening? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I wonder if he is planning on cruising on the Mardi Gras for its first cruise with paying passengers or maybe he will do a test cruise.  It will be interesting when he is on the ship.  I will definitely have to follow along to see how it goes on his trip.  He is hilarious.  He did the Love & Marriage show on one of my cruises and I laughed so hard through the entire show.

Yeah, he was on our cruise to Bermuda, also a very funny L&M show.

Weirdly, despite all the walkie videos he posts, I never once saw him anywhere outside the theater.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

From what I just read in another thread, he is going to be on the MG in July out of PC, but not the Trans-Atlantic crossing.

And he will be fully vaxxed shortly (gets his second shot tomorrow?).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, jordanaire said:

We're on the September 25th sailing! After 25 cruises, this will be our first balcony cabin! Can't wait!

We're on this sailing with you! Fingers big time crossed that it sails!

38 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Yeah, he was on our cruise to Bermuda, also a very funny L&M show.

Weirdly, despite all the walkie videos he posts, I never once saw him anywhere outside the theater.

We've sailed with him 3 or 4 times. Only once was it "because" of him - it was a bloggers cruise. On one sailing he had Heidi onboard with him, and they were in the steakhouse almost every night (we were there all nights). He helped us get off the ship first at debarkation as Chery's father passed away and we had to drive a few hundred miles that morning to get to the funeral (with perhaps 10 minutes to spare). Long story there - but that's how it worked out. Oddly, we were ALSO on a cruise when her mother passed... My parents are gone, otherwise I might be hesitant to sail !!

Tom

BLOGGERS-L.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Looks like about the same story they ran in our local paper (Florida Today) this morning.

That part about the Mardi Gras not sailing with passengers for "months" is disconcerting - though they did say, "not until August - at the earliest"... So there's still hope for 8/7 !!

I wasn't able to find another open date with an available President's Suite until 2023, so I'd really like to give that room a try for one of her first sailings!

Tom

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Looks like about the same story they ran in our local paper (Florida Today) this morning.

That part about the Mardi Gras not sailing with passengers for "months" is disconcerting - though they did say, "not until August - at the earliest"... So there's still hope for 8/7 !!

I wasn't able to find another open date with an available President's Suite until 2023, so I'd really like to give that room a try for one of her first sailings!

Tom

I don't see it cruising until August 7th.  I believe that will be the first MG with passengers.  Is July 31st still on the books?

3 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

I don't see it cruising until August 7th.  I believe that will be the first MG with passengers.  Is July 31st still on the books?

As of yesterday, it still was not officially cancelled.

• Like 1

PORT CANAVERAL, Fla. – Carnival Cruise Line’s newest and largest ship, the Mardi Gras, will be arriving at Port Canaveral on June 4, in preparation for its first sailing with passengers.

But it appears that a Mardi Gras cruise with passengers won’t happen until August — at the earliest, according to News 6 partners Florida Today.

so looks like it’s August! Hopefully since I’m on the 8/14 sailing.

• Like 3

Just now, Shakatime said:

PORT CANAVERAL, Fla. – Carnival Cruise Line’s newest and largest ship, the Mardi Gras, will be arriving at Port Canaveral on June 4, in preparation for its first sailing with passengers.

But it appears that a Mardi Gras cruise with passengers won’t happen until August — at the earliest, according to News 6 partners Florida Today.

so looks like it’s August! Hopefully since I’m on the 8/14 sailing.

I figured that July cruises were off of the table.  August is still way up in the air, but there is always hope!  I cruise August 21st on the MG.

Just heard on local news the Mardi Gras is on her way and will arrive here in Port Canaveral June 4. According to port authority the ship will be refueled and begin preparations for August sailings. Can't wait to go check it out!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Just heard on local news the Mardi Gras is on her way and will arrive here in Port Canaveral June 4. According to port authority the ship will be refueled and begin preparations for August sailings. Can't wait to go check it out!

That is exciting!  August sounds like a reasonable time line.

• Like 1