NEW MSC Drink Packages (2021 onwards)

Maikell

Another piece of advice is to stick to cocktails with the same alcohol for the entire day. (to maximize your Easy Plus package without getting drunk).

Like vodka based cocktails on day one, white rum based cocktails on day two, tequila based cocktails on day 3, dark rum based cocktails on day 4, Spritz cocktails on day 5, etc

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1

The easy plus package is cheapest when bought along with your cruise. (All in fare).

For bookings made during covid, the All in fare was only $99 more per person for a 7 night Med cruise & included the easy plus package + unlimited WiFi.

Only $14 per person per day for unlimited Wi-Fi and unlimited drinks upto €8

Absolutely incredible!

Needless to say, almost everyone had the easy plus package so the bars were very crowded and you had to wait a long time to get your drink.

But the only bar with no crowd was at L'Atelier Bistro, the French specialty restaurant on deck 6. This restaurant & bar were practically empty throughout the cruise

Edited by drsel

3 hours ago, drsel said:

The easy plus package is cheapest when bought along with your cruise. (All in fare).

For bookings made during covid, the All in fare was only $99 more per person for a 7 night Med cruise & included the easy plus package + unlimited WiFi.

Only $14 per person per day for unlimited Wi-Fi and unlimited drinks upto €8

Absolutely incredible!

Needless to say, almost everyone had the easy plus package so the bars were very crowded and you had to wait a long time to get your drink.

But the only bar with no crowd was at L'Atelier Bistro, the French specialty restaurant on deck 6. This restaurant & bar were practically empty throughout the cruise

Good to know. I’m going on the Seascape’s inaugural sail, so it feels like they are purposely keeping numbers down. And there are 20 bars, so I’m hoping for a few that will be less crowded. The plus package is $300 more Cdn, the Easy package at about $1200 total. But that is for 17 days. 

6 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

If you go to the terms and conditions it will show you which drink package and I am pretty sure it is easy plus

Yeah now it states:

Shipboard Credit 50 USD - Non Refundable
MINERAL WATER AND COFFEE IN DINING ROOM
Browse - 1 device
EASY PLUS PACKAGE
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, exm said:

Yeah now it states:

Shipboard Credit 50 USD - Non Refundable
MINERAL WATER AND COFFEE IN DINING ROOM
Browse - 1 device
EASY PLUS PACKAGE

Good. I have found that with the Easy Plus package for us there is no need to upgrade to Premium unless you want top shelf or drink martini's. We like frozen cocktails, beers, mixed drinks, coffees and find that the Easy Plus is great for those.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Good. I have found that with the Easy Plus package for us there is no need to upgrade to Premium unless you want top shelf or drink martini's. We like frozen cocktails, beers, mixed drinks, coffees and find that the Easy Plus is great for those.

Yes not only is the easy plus package great and more than adequate, it is also super economical and excellent value for money!

because right now I am getting easy Plus and unlimited Wi-Fi for just $87.50 per person on a seven night Cruise.

I just wonder how other Cruise lines manage to sell their drinks package for $30-- $40 per person per night or more than $250 per person on a typical 7 night Cruise

Edited by drsel

On 11/18/2022 at 5:12 AM, drsel said:

I just wonder how other Cruise lines manage to sell their drinks package for $30-- $40 per person per night or more than $250 per person on a typical 7 night Cruise

What cruise line sells their drink packages for that low??? Halloween 2022 RCCL symphony of the seas was over $80 pppd (if you booked early) so almost $600 pp for 7 night cruise.

At $7 per beer (including gratuity), and $11 for a glass of wine at dinner, it adds up quickly.

Maybe you break even, maybe you even save a few bucks, but my main motivation for getting the drink package is the bill on the last night. I pre-pay drinks and gratuities, so I owed NOTHING walking off the ship. I've had bills on the last night of cruises without drink package or pre-paid gratuities that felt like a punch in the stomach. Not how I want to feel at the end of my vacation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lugger11 said:

What cruise line sells their drink packages for that low??? Halloween 2022 RCCL symphony of the seas was over $80 pppd (if you booked early) so almost $600 pp for 7 night cruise.

MSC is selling their Easy Plus drink package at $13 pppd or $90 per person for a 7 night cruise.

So obviously $ 600 PP for a 7 night cruise is a rip off!

Edited by drsel

7 minutes ago, drsel said:

MSC is selling their Easy Plus drink package at $13 pppd or $90 per person for a 7 night cruise.

So obviously $ 600 PP for a 7 night cruise is a rip off!

If I were to buy the Easy Plus Package (I have it with my cruise but when I go to manage cruise area) it states it is $51 pp per day. Not seeing $13pp per day. Where do you find that?

5 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

We've sailed MSC twice and paid that much for the 7 night cruise.  I don't know how they do it.  No daily limits either.  Plus that includes wifi which is such a deal.

This is exactly why I said I wonder how some cruise lines get people to pay more than $30 per person per day and even $80 per person per day! quite shocking!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

If I were to buy the Easy Plus Package (I have it with my cruise but when I go to manage cruise area) it states it is $51 pp per day. Not seeing $13pp per day. Where do you find that?

Only select MSC cruises have this offer and only at the time of booking your Cruise, not afterwards

Note that all MSC Cruises may not have this offer

Edited by drsel

I want to upgrade from Easy Plus to Premier drink package but am not seeing the upgrade option ( yea I like the higher priced wine 😏).  It wasn't an option when I booked and when I call, I am told it's not available.  I know I can upgrade once onboard, but I like having everything paid for ahead of time...

2 hours ago, bafinegan said:

I want to upgrade from Easy Plus to Premier drink package but am not seeing the upgrade option ( yea I like the higher priced wine 😏).  It wasn't an option when I booked and when I call, I am told it's not available.  I know I can upgrade once onboard, but I like having everything paid for ahead of time...

Ask your Travel agent to do it for you. They know whom to contact in every cruise line.

They will also benefit from higher commission for the upgrade to the Premium Euro 13 drinks package.

If you upgrade onboard, it will cost much more & the commission will be given to the crew member selling you the upgrade, not your TA

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1

FYI, We were on the Meraviglia 3 weeks ago, and they did NOT allow purchasing drink packages on the ship (or on the website prior to sailing). So, we were told prior to sailing that we had to purchase it on the ship, but we got on the ship and they said there was no package. 

Also, they were out of most liquors and beers, so I assume maybe that's why...

They just recently instituted no drink packages for sale onboard for 3 night cruises. 

23 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

We've sailed MSC twice and paid that much for the 7 night cruise.  I don't know how they do it.  No daily limits either.  Plus that includes wifi which is such a deal.

One way they do it is that (in my experience) the drinks are very weak, the mixers are even weak, there are not many servers so you have to wait in line at the bar, you sit at an empty bar and are not acknowledged for 5 minutes, they run out of ice on OC so you can’t get what you want, you order a fresh squeezed OJ and it never comes. (I was on Meraviglia)

Edited by mawvkysc

2 hours ago, mawvkysc said:

They just recently instituted no drink packages for sale onboard for 3 night cruises. 

One way they do it is that (in my experience) the drinks are very weak, the mixers are even weak, there are not many servers so you have to wait in line at the bar, you sit at an empty bar and are not acknowledged for 5 minutes, they run out of ice on OC so you can’t get what you want, you order a fresh squeezed OJ and it never comes. (I was on Meraviglia)

wow, not my experience at all.  Course this was last Jan on the Seashore, but drinks were strong and bar service was great.

• Like 2