Southampton Cruise and COVID test + What is "fully vaccinated"?

pmd98052

1 minute ago, Waju said:

Ooops, sorry don't mean to take over but I've just seen some of my earlier post is missing!!

I wanted to say the new health and safety page reads to me that as long as you've had two vaccines you're ok. In theory though, even if the second one was only the day before travel.

Also, the free NHS test should be OK as you get an email and an SMS - although I see you no longer need two copies of the result.

This is right and what I was working on the basis of as the website was updated a week or so ago. Yet I was phoning them for something else, decided to double check and was told, home test isn’t ok and you’d need someone to oversee it as otherwise how could they tell it is you (which is true and to be honest was my initial thought when someone said home testing was ok).

Obviously it’s concerning as I don’t want to be turned away, but I am thinking that actually maybe the woman wasn’t properly informed and the fact they have changed to Text/Email is directly linked to the fact that you can use a home test, but it’s the fact they won’t be clear (and one of their staff has now told me you can’t 🙄)

Let’s hope someone comes back and clarifies.

Just watching the webinar. NHS lateral flow tests are allowed with SMS or email proof. Fully vaccinated passengers must show the little vaccination cards or NHS app.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kernow said:

Just watching the webinar. NHS lateral flow tests are allowed with SMS or email proof. Fully vaccinated passengers must show the little vaccination cards or NHS app.

Great news , is there a link to this ? How far into the Webinar ? Thank you . 20th for me I’ve emailed too and not had a reply .For me,  The home test gives personal reassurance before the trip to Southampton and the dock side test gives assurance to everyone. 👍🏼

• Like 1

The webinar is still going on. Antonio did say there will be a press release today but don't know what it will cover. He went into detail on the webinar even saying that he shouldn't really be telling us this but NHS tests can be used!

42 minutes ago, Drivencruise said:

Great news , is there a link to this ? How far into the Webinar ? Thank you . 20th for me I’ve emailed too and not had a reply .For me,  The home test gives personal reassurance before the trip to Southampton and the dock side test gives assurance to everyone. 👍🏼

I watched too, he basically said you can use free tests and you can use evidence from the NHS, although stopped short of saying you can test at home, report on the NHS website and use that email..... But I think it’s fair to conclude he was basically saying that was fine

9 minutes ago, rattla said:

I watched too, he basically said you can use free tests and you can use evidence from the NHS, although stopped short of saying you can test at home, report on the NHS website and use that email..... But I think it’s fair to conclude he was basically saying that was fine

Yes, that's what I got too.

1 hour ago, rattla said:

Surely if you use the Free tests and add the details to the NHS site you are basically doing it at home ? 

The email/sms confirmations you get are the same whether you do the home test or one in a test centre, so there's no practical way they could distinguish which one you've used. I imagine that means they'll be pragmatic on it.

The website still says slightly different things on the same page so it's not 100% reliable. Unfortunately I couldn't join the webinar in the end. If anyone saw it, did they say if a recording would be made available? Playing back Antonio to any employee quibbling should resolve things more effectively than any print out!

On 5/4/2021 at 9:19 AM, pmd98052 said:

Where do we get this test from? I presume regular NHS lateral flow tests are not valid since they don't product a "SMS, Email, or Paper" result?

They produce both an SMS and Email result. You just need to report it on the website using the QR code provided. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

The email/sms confirmations you get are the same whether you do the home test or one in a test centre, so there's no practical way they could distinguish which one you've used. I imagine that means they'll be pragmatic on it.

The website still says slightly different things on the same page so it's not 100% reliable. Unfortunately I couldn't join the webinar in the end. If anyone saw it, did they say if a recording would be made available? Playing back Antonio to any employee quibbling should resolve things more effectively than any print out!

No mention of any recording but he did say the staff in the terminal would know what has been said.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Just received this response to an email I sent MSC last week regarding the lateral flow tests:-

BD984D83-B6E4-405D-8ED1-CBC3464148D3.thumb.jpeg.e6fb5e2023aaa0224830af289647c521.jpeg

see how annoying is that as they haven’t mentioned anywhere home tests are not acceptable, but this is a similar response to what I was told.

However, as was mentioned above, does anyone know for sure if the email reply you get for a home kit is the same as a “monitored” test, I’m sure it is?  
I think I could still go and get a test at a testing centre, but half of me thinks I’m putting myself in a place where I would be more vulnerable to being near more people and therefore more of a chance to catch it??

ultimately, I’m more than happy to do a test and we will ALL be tested at port anyway, so it’s not about avoiding anything, it’s just far easier to organise.

why would anyone know they were positive and try to dodge doing a test only to travel all the way there and potentially get stopped from boarding?.?

1 hour ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

Hi, have you actually had/seen the email you are sent when tested at a local centre?  I would be keen to understand if these are exactly the same or not.  I know the home ones don’t mention it was a home test kit.

16 minutes ago, rattla said:

Hi, have you actually had/seen the email you are sent when tested at a local centre?  I would be keen to understand if these are exactly the same or not.  I know the home ones don’t mention it was a home test kit.

Yes I've seen both emails. One from a local NHS lateral flow test center we attended when one of our kids got a false positive test at school so we all needed to be tested and then secondly last night when our kids did their regular 2 times a week test.... both emails back from NHS are identical.

29 minutes ago, rattla said:

Yes, although unfortunately didn't keep them to screenshot.

Thanks to the others for confirming too - if anyone can take a screenshot, it would probably be reassuring for everyone else. 

10 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Yes I've seen both emails. One from a local NHS lateral flow test center we attended when one of our kids got a false positive test at school so we all needed to be tested and then secondly last night when our kids did their regular 2 times a week test.... both emails back from NHS are identical.

That’s great thanks.  I think on that basis of that, I don’t really see the purpose of needing to attend as I’m going to do the test correctly anyway, plus I’d say I’m safer doing it at home.

plus from everyone published by MSC they have Never said home tests are not OK.  I tried to ask on the webinar earlier as I think 100’s did but we were only given the advice that NHS free tests are OK.

Actually no they are NOT quite the same - Just checked again... Note the one from the NHS test center includes NHS number.

From NHS Test Center we visited:

image.thumb.png.b22436a333f2233bd49bfb8ebd5c2265.png

From last nights at home lateral test:

image.thumb.png.7bc6eca3843497f3aeebfd09e7f15cbd.png

Edited by pmd98052

4 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Actually no they are NOT quite the same - Just checked again... Note the one from the NHS test center includes NHS number.

From NHS Test Center we visited:

image.thumb.png.b22436a333f2233bd49bfb8ebd5c2265.png

From last nights at home lateral test:

image.thumb.png.7bc6eca3843497f3aeebfd09e7f15cbd.png

actually maybe that depends how you record it, as this is mine from a home kit and it does have my NHS number....  so I think they are identical. 👍

FED04DA9-819E-4C06-8C81-1CC3D49BC1C2.jpeg

11 minutes ago, rattla said:

actually maybe that depends how you record it, as this is mine from a home kit and it does have my NHS number....  so I think they are identical. 👍

FED04DA9-819E-4C06-8C81-1CC3D49BC1C2.jpeg

Oh cool - I'll double check that when we do our 2nd one later this week. Thanks for the check!

Interestingly, MSC have just replied to my email too.  I sent a copy of the NHS email and asked if we did our own lateral flow test and recorded the results online via NHS and they send the email (I attached) would that be satisfactory.  They have replied with the below.  To me... they are saying it’s ok?

8AE6629D-A494-491D-B82B-7ADD2384619C.jpeg

I love how this is still as clear as mud 🙄

The message will only show your NHS number if your enter it when sending results - it is an optional question.

Edited by Waju
sp
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Waju said:

I love how this is still as clear as mud 🙄

The message will only show your NHS number if your enter it when sending results - it is an optional question.

yeah..

However I’m now definite I’m doing a home test kit as everything I’ve personally been told most recently and read from MSC says the process is accepted, including the CEO.  If they don’t want you using home kits they need to clearly say this and they aren’t.  And, as above even if I went to a local test centre the email I’d get would be identical to the one from the home kit anyway! 😊

12 hours ago, Waju said:

CaroleC - we're on the second sailing too!

I'm having a 'dress try on' session later - too late to diet now 😟

If you see someone walking around permanently in a kaftan it’ll be me if I can’t fit into anything else!! 🤣🤣

On 5/5/2021 at 2:45 PM, rattla said:

see how annoying is that as they haven’t mentioned anywhere home tests are not acceptable, but this is a similar response to what I was told.

However, as was mentioned above, does anyone know for sure if the email reply you get for a home kit is the same as a “monitored” test, I’m sure it is?  
I think I could still go and get a test at a testing centre, but half of me thinks I’m putting myself in a place where I would be more vulnerable to being near more people and therefore more of a chance to catch it??

ultimately, I’m more than happy to do a test and we will ALL be tested at port anyway, so it’s not about avoiding anything, it’s just far easier to organise.

why would anyone know they were positive and try to dodge doing a test only to travel all the way there and potentially get stopped from boarding?.?

I've just called with a few issues and asked about NHS tests and if the home test are ok. I was told that the NHS home tests are perfectly fine as you get a text & e-mail confirmation which is all they need to see at boarding.