Grand Ocean View Cabins on Paradise

sc4125

After doing a little research, I gather that the 2 Grand Ocean View cabins were added in the last major upgrades and or not part of the current upgrades.  These are the 2 cabins at the front of Deck 14 with floor to ceiling windows - G 1 and G 2.

Has anyone stayed in these cabins?  I am specifically interested in whether the cabins are hot due to the large windows - I'm looking at a summer cruise, and whether there is any noise from the gym located on the deck below.  Of course any information would be appreciated.

I have stayed in G2 and G3. Never in the summer though. We had no problems with heat, but it was January and February. I love these rooms, but we only had three very minor issues.

Noise was an issue, but not from below, from above, sounded like people walking on a cheap metal surface and the metal flexing and it was rather loud when someone passed over. 

The window got very dirty with salt spray during the trip and was never cleaned. 

The floor to ceiling curtain was broken and I had to tie it up with a string. 

3 minutes ago, asalligo said:

I have stayed in G2 and G3. Never in the summer though. We had no problems with heat, but it was January and February. I love these rooms, but we only had three very minor issues.

Noise was an issue, but not from below, from above, sounded like people walking on a cheap metal surface and the metal flexing and it was rather loud when someone passed over. 

The window got very dirty with salt spray during the trip and was never cleaned. 

The floor to ceiling curtain was broken and I had to tie it up with a string. 

I reported the broken curtain when I arrived and they did not fix it during my voyage, but they did give me $50 OBC. Another point, you are asked to keep the curtain closed at night if the lights are on in the room at all for the bridge. 

we stayed in one of these on the Valor 

it was impressive.    But we were not allowed to have the shades up at night time

When we got ready for bed and turned out the lights we opened the shades for the night sky.

Beautiful    but let me tell you it gets super bright very early (ALL of the sudden too)

Here is a video of your space  

28 minutes ago, serene56 said:

we stayed in one of these on the Valor 

it was impressive.    But we were not allowed to have the shades up at night time

When we got ready for bed and turned out the lights we opened the shades for the night sky.

Beautiful    but let me tell you it gets super bright very early (ALL of the sudden too)

We opened it at night, but just turned all the lights off in the cabin and sat in the dark to look out the window. 

Thanks for the replies.  I know my sister stayed in one of these type cabins on RCCL and had someone from the bridge come down and tell them their lights were interfering with bridge officers (lol).  They hadn't been told anything when they boarded.  

On the Paradise the cabins are all the way up at the top (deck 14) and the bridge is on deck 10 - would the lights have an impact that far away?

On 5/5/2021 at 4:04 PM, sc4125 said:

Thanks for the replies.  I know my sister stayed in one of these type cabins on RCCL and had someone from the bridge come down and tell them their lights were interfering with bridge officers (lol).  They hadn't been told anything when they boarded.  

On the Paradise the cabins are all the way up at the top (deck 14) and the bridge is on deck 10 - would the lights have an impact that far away?

In Cabin G3 on the Paradise there was a plaque by the window stating no lights after dark with the curtains open.