Upgrade cost from Surf to Stream Wifi with AI

1 hour ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Have a few upcoming cruises with the AI surf wifi.  Anyone know the cost to "upgrade" to stream wifi with the AI ?  We are elite so use to  get a 30% discount  on wifi pkg.  Wonder what the new game is??  Any thoughts?

The FAQ for AI says this:

How can a guest upgrade from Surf Wi-Fi to Stream Wi-Fi when they book the Always Included package?

If a guest books their cruise with Always Included package pricing and would like to upgrade their Surf Wi-Fi to Stream Wi-Fi, they may do so via our Cruise Planner platform once their booking is within final payment. The upgrade charge will be $20 per person per day.  Guests may not purchase a Wi-Fi upgrade before final payment when they book Always Included. Alternatively, guests may also upgrade their Surf Wi-fi to Stream Wi-Fi once onboard the ship.

And under Captain's Club, they says this:

"With Always Included, every cruise booking will now include an unlimited Surf Wifi package per person. We’ve adjusted the previous Captain’s Club internet discount of 10% - 35% to reflect these changes and provide exclusive value.  Now, if you sail with Always Included, you can apply this discount to upgrade from the Surf to the Stream.  If you do not sail with Always Included, you can apply the 10% - 35% discount to any internet package and the complimentary minutes for Elite and Elite Plus will still apply.  And if you book pre-cruise, your discount is combinable with the additional 10% pre-cruise advantage." 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

For my upcoming booking I was able to upgrade from AI surf Internet to stream Internet for about $ 16 per day, for one device only (the second device stays at surf Internet).

How did you do the upgrade?? Cruise Planner, calling Captains Club?

My booking was through the Blue Chip Club, so I called them.  They applied the 10% discount based on my Classic Captain's Club tier.

I guess who you call would depend on who you booked with--a TA or Celebrity.  I've not tried the Cruise Planner as Celebrity's website is generally not user-friendly and I don't trust it to apply the correct discounts and/or to recognize that I only want to upgrade one passenger, not both.

In the past in order to get the Captains Club discount applied you had to do the upgrade or purchase by calling the Captains Club.  

I doubt that the Cruise Planner has had the necessary IT improvements that would allow the discount to be applied.