Many tours listed as Wait List

twototravel

We are booked on the 24 July departure date on the Constitution out of Boston for the Grand New England Cruise. Looking at all the dates beginning in June and going through Sept 2021, they all have Wait Listed on them. Anyone know what this means? We were told when we booked that these cruises were happening for sure. First one scheduled is on 14 June. You can't even select any of the sailing dates to get more detail. 

Waitlisted means that category is sold out but you can place your name on the wait list in case someone cancels. Many of the cruises I've looked at had some categories wait listed with a few available to book. I think they're selling fast.....

I don't think they are booking to full capacity at this time. I was just really surprised to see almost every cruising date with it. I wasn't sure if they were actually already booked, or if they didn't want to take new bookings in case they got cancelled.

10 hours ago, vino100 said:

Can you sign up for tours before final payment ?

Yes you can.  Now they are sending an e-mail with a link to your "cruising documents" about 4 months before the cruise.  One of the items you can access is a signup list for tours.

(BTW, despite the name of this thread, I think the original poster was talking about CRUISES being wait-listed, not excursions.)

12 minutes ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

Yes you can.  Now they are sending an e-mail with a link to your "cruising documents" about 4 months before the cruise.  One of the items you can access is a signup list for tours.

(BTW, despite the name of this thread, I think the original poster was talking about CRUISES being wait-listed, not excursions.)

Oops, didn’t mean to hijack the thread. Lol

thanks for the answer. 

• Like 1

No problem.   During this pandemic I’ve seen many cruises wait listed as a way to hold off reservations.

just to be devils advocate I suspect that the tours are not all booked.  Instead I suspect ACL is still working with local venders.   Locals at each stop may be reluctant to commit to  opening business to cruisers.  

Excursions that are complimentary can be arranged when you board. They take a head count  and arrange buses accordingly.  For paid excursions it is recommended to sign up early.