Waitlisted Excursions

MBP&O2/O

I have just been booking some excursions for a September cruise and I found that one of the excursions I wanted was shown as “Waitlist”. I have booked it, just in case, but is there anyway of finding out where you stand on the list or is it just a case of wait and see? 😏

Ta ....

• 1 year later...

I have recently (couple of weeks back) made a fairly last minute booking on the Dawn in March.   I was able to book the excursions I wanted bar one so I waitlisted.   The trip is a 4x4 trip into the middle of Madeira so I didnt really hold out much hope of getting a cancellation come through and even if one did then it seemed to me I would probably be well down the wait list with the cruise being relatively imminent.    I logged into my computer tonight to find an email from SS saying they were putting on an extra 4x4 excursion and they had added it to MySilversea for me and would I let them know if I no longer wished to do it.   Do I wish to do it?   The icing on the cake for a recovery cruise from the disappointment of having Machu Picchu cancelled post Galapagos and therefore finding myself in South America in no rush to get home.   Sailing from Barbados to Lisbon seems like just the right sort of consolation for missing MP this time around.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, labrasett said:

I have recently (couple of weeks back) made a fairly last minute booking on the Dawn in March.   I was able to book the excursions I wanted bar one so I waitlisted.   The trip is a 4x4 trip into the middle of Madeira so I didnt really hold out much hope of getting a cancellation come through and even if one did then it seemed to me I would probably be well down the wait list with the cruise being relatively imminent.    I logged into my computer tonight to find an email from SS saying they were putting on an extra 4x4 excursion and they had added it to MySilversea for me and would I let them know if I no longer wished to do it.   Do I wish to do it?   The icing on the cake for a recovery cruise from the disappointment of having Machu Picchu cancelled post Galapagos and therefore finding myself in South America in no rush to get home.   Sailing from Barbados to Lisbon seems like just the right sort of consolation for missing MP this time around.

Loved the 4x4 in Madeira. We have done it several times and it's always terrific!