Difference between 2 bedroom suite on Jewel & Dawn vs 2 bedroom Haven Suite on Escape

I have stayed in a 2 bedroom suite on the Jewel and the Dawn.  We are taking a Valentines Day Cruise 2022 on the Escape.  How will the experience be different.  We like the small ships so we are concerned with the crowds on the Escape and not getting reservations to shows.  We have never made main dining room reservations do you need them on the Escape same with the evening shows?  Is there a Haven spot on Harvest Cay and what will that have.  We have never gone to Harvest Cay?  Thanks for your help

We have been in the Haven 2 bedroom suite on the Jewel (1st NCL cruise....spoiled us silly and we have never looked back!)  We also had a Haven 2 bedroom suite on the Escape.  Just for reference, the suites on the Escape are smaller than the Jewel class; however, they have the additional perk of a dedicated Haven restaurant and bar on the Escape.  That is really quite nice.  When we sailed no reservations were required and the dining room was never full (but we tend to eat early, as we are early risers).  You should have reserved seating as a Haven guest for the evening shows.  Your concierge will be waiting to show you to your seat when you arrive at the designed spot in the theater.  The seats are released about 10 minutes prior to show start, though.

We also enjoy the small ship feeling....but amazingly, there were several areas on the Escape when we were the only folks there! 

I can't help you with Harvest Cay, as we haven't been there yet, either......darn COVID!  But, I feel sure there are many helpful CC members who can help you with that!

Our experience has been that you can't go wrong with the Haven.  Maybe we have been fortunate that the children have been pretty well behaved on the trips we have been on.  Sometimes the butler/and or Concierge is not too visible, but that has never been a big issue...just adjust the tip!  (And on the Escape, the Concierge has a desk in the Haven area, so very easy to find.  So, while they might not see you at breakfast, you always can find someone!)

Have a wonderful trip!

• 5 months later...
On 5/16/2021 at 6:45 PM, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

We have been in the Haven 2 bedroom suite on the Jewel (1st NCL cruise....spoiled us silly and we have never looked back!)  We also had a Haven 2 bedroom suite on the Escape.  Just for reference, the suites on the Escape are smaller than the Jewel class; however, they have the additional perk of a dedicated Haven restaurant and bar on the Escape.  That is really quite nice.  When we sailed no reservations were required and the dining room was never full (but we tend to eat early, as we are early risers).  You should have reserved seating as a Haven guest for the evening shows.  Your concierge will be waiting to show you to your seat when you arrive at the designed spot in the theater.  The seats are released about 10 minutes prior to show start, though.

We also enjoy the small ship feeling....but amazingly, there were several areas on the Escape when we were the only folks there! 

I can't help you with Harvest Cay, as we haven't been there yet, either......darn COVID!  But, I feel sure there are many helpful CC members who can help you with that!

Our experience has been that you can't go wrong with the Haven.  Maybe we have been fortunate that the children have been pretty well behaved on the trips we have been on.  Sometimes the butler/and or Concierge is not too visible, but that has never been a big issue...just adjust the tip!  (And on the Escape, the Concierge has a desk in the Haven area, so very easy to find.  So, while they might not see you at breakfast, you always can find someone!)

Have a wonderful trip!

If cruise deck plans dot com is accurate, the 2br on the Jewel is 492 sq ft with a 54 sq ft balcony and the 2br on the Escape is 516 and 43.

55 minutes ago, lawnbowler48 said:

I am thinking of booking a 2 bedroom suite on the Jewel, have looked at the floor plan and wonder what they consider as the second bedroom. Can you help me with this.

Norwegian Jewel 2 Bedroom Family Suite Stateroom Details

It is the upper right corner of the floor plan. Just as you enter the suite, you turn right and there is the bathroom and the small bedroom. In this diagram the sofa is not made up as a bed. The room steward will do this for you. I hope this helps!

lawnbowler 48

go to google, type in ncl jewel 2 bedoom suite you tube video, the 2nd bedroom is rather small, we've used it for my grandson and his friend. there is a pull out sofa, and ia bed that flips down from the ceiling. the boys were both 17 1nd 18, and had no problems.  the 2nd bedroom has a tv, it's own bathroom and stall shower. one of my friends is joining us for our next 3 cruisess, all of which are inthe haven. im not asking them for a lot  of money for the smaller room, but they get to enjoy all the perks associated with the have suites. worth the price of admission

15 minutes ago, valleyvillage said:

Norwegian Jewel 2 Bedroom Family Suite Stateroom Details

It is the upper right corner of the floor plan. Just as you enter the suite, you turn right and there is the bathroom and the small bedroom. In this diagram the sofa is not made up as a bed. The room steward will do this for you. I hope this helps!

We've been in a Haven 2BR suite a few years ago, and the diagram posted did reflect our suite (but mirror image).

That small bedroom is *small*, as is the *small* bathroom.  But they are functional, and having the privacy of two separate bedrooms and bathrooms would be terrific for any passengers who are more than a couple.

We were "only a couple", and we definitely made use of that second bathroom anyway, especially when getting ready to head out or after returning to the ship before dinner, etc.

DH got a real kick out of that little bedroom when we arrived.  First thing he did upon walking through our suite was to call a good friend, and chortle, "I'm on the cruise ship now, in my private office!" 😁

Heh.

We used that little room for storage or as an occasional dressing room.  And the bed there... well... occasionally clothes tended to wander over and jump up on that bed and rest there.  Very convenient way to keep the rest of the suite nice and tidy...

That sofa can be turned into - I *think* - something like a double bed.  Not sure if it can be separated into two separate beds, but I don't think so.  The third person in that room would have the drop-down upper bed, similar to what is in some regular cabins.  It's shown as the white wall area to the right of the sofa (sort of looks like it might be a curtain in a window, but it's not).

When using the suite for 6 pax, the 6th would presumably sleep on the LR sofa, made up by the steward.

Six people staying there might be tight, unless you are all very good friends, etc., or there are a few young children.

The bathtub has an amazing view of the water.  DH husband took a few "almost rated" photos 😉 of me luxuriating there, covered in huge mounds of bubbles.  No bath has ever been as nice since!  And note that the shower has a glass outside window/wall. One other thing that I remember is that the glass enclosure of the toilet area was clear, with some frosted horizontal stripes to sort of "interrupt" a full view.  We don't find that particularly appealing at all.  (IF we want to be on display in there, we could just leave the door open, right?  <end mini-rant>)

As nice as that bathtub view is, we'd have preferred that the bed have the dynamite view as some other suites/cabins tend to do.

And if the 2BR suite is a Haven suite (some 2BR's are in the Haven, some are not, on the Jewel class ships, I understand), then the peaceful Haven courtyard is immediately across the hall, very convenient.  (But no Haven restaurant on Jewel class ships.)

GC

The second bedroom is OK for 1 adult or two children.  The sofa bed is not the most comfortable thing on the planet but you can improve it by asking the concierge desk in advance to put on an egg crate pad.  As stated above there are 2 bedroom suites in the Haven and non-Haven versions on deck 11.  IMHO the Haven version is way too expensive given that there is no Haven restaurant or bar and you get butler, concierge, priority this and that, etc. with the non-Haven version.  On deck 11 the best suites are in the 11006 to 11018 range which are under the card room, the library and the hair salon.  Avoid 11512 through 11524 as they are under the fitness center.

Here are pics of a 2 BR on the STAR(sister ship)  from March,  2019.  Regarding the second BR , I echo what others report . It is small, but would accommodate a single adult,  or a couple of kids.  Two adults might be tight. 

1CED275C-D45B-472F-A1DD-D55CB4461245.jpeg

C3ACD81C-4A1B-4945-9DCC-3681604F6334.jpeg

29BEE8C1-7B68-4F1B-91B7-02D81433E521.jpeg

6F9274DA-0AE4-4A5F-B948-A3964CE7E499.jpeg

Edited by milolii

1 hour ago, milolii said:

Here are pics of a 2 BR on the STAR(sister ship)  from March,  2019.  Regarding the second BR , I echo what others report . It is small, but would accommodate a single adult,  or a couple of kids.  Two adults might be tight. 

If by "sister ship" you mean they are the same class, then the Star is not a sister ship to the Jewel.  The Star is a Dawn Class ship.  The Jewel Class ships are Jewel, Gem, Pearl and Jade.  The 2 BR suites appear to be quite similar though.