Good evening Ms. Muckerman,

I have two questions.

1) I'm on the June 19, 2021 Galapagos cruise. With the new CDC guidelines out, will vaccinated passengers not have to wear masks on board? I understand that while in Quito and Guayaquil we will have to abide by local guidelines.

2) Please clarify, if I am fully vaccinated, will a PCR test still be required?

Thank you

3 hours ago, LaBellaDonna said:

At what time will this event take place and what is the procedure to log on?

@LaBellaDonna

Howdy!  emo22.gif

Ms. Muckermann will be here Tuesday, May 18th posting answers to the questions posted in this special forum.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

According to airline regulations a PCR test is required to return to the US no more than 3 days in advance of travel. What are Silsverseas plans to offer the testing for passengers to comply with this regulation?

Thank you

SPECIAL, ADDITIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GALAPAGOS ISLANDS: Any international traveler wishing to transit via Quito or Guayaquil International Airport to the Galapagos should first arrive in-country with proof of a negative COVID test taken in the last three days (as per instructions above). In addition, all persons present in Ecuador (regardless of nationality or residence status) wishing to travel to the Galapagos Islands must present negative results from a RT-PCR test taken no more than 96 hours prior to arrival in the Galapagos.  This can be the same test as the test used to get into Ecuador, assuming it was taken within 96 hours of arrival to the Galapagos.  If the initial test was not taken within 96 hours of arrival to the Galapagos, the traveler will need to take a second test in Ecuador at a laboratory recognized by the Quality Assurance Agency of the Services of Health and Prepaid Medicine (ACESS), at their own expense.  They will need to wait for the results of this test before traveling to the Galapagos.  

The above quote was obtained from the US embassy website for Ecuador. We will be arriving in Quito on Thursday evening and arrival at the Galapagos will not be until Saturday. By my estimation the PCR test required for entry into Quito will potentially be older than 96 hours (4 days). Will Silverseas be offering a second PCR upon arrival to Quito to meet this requirement?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi LaBellaDonna, Thanks for your question. All booked guests on Silver Origin voyages will soon receive a comprehensive overview of pre-cruise information, which will include information on PCR tests and vaccinations. Our team has worked closely with a local lab (Veris Lab) to provide testing at the hotel in Quito for travellers who are not in possesion of a negative PCR test result issued within 96 hours of arriving in San Cristobal. Travellers will be required to pay a nominal fee for this service and results are expected to be provided the following day. I invite you to contact your travel agent or Silversea representative with any additional questions you may have. We would be happy to assist you. We look forward to welcoming you on Silver Origin!

Barbara

• Like 1