Virtuosa - Bunk Bed Rails

annarack

Please can I ask a favour from one of the lucky people heading off on an imminent Virtuosa cruise.  If anyone gets a spare moment would you be able to take a photo of the rails on a bunk bed on board please?  I would just like to see how high/long they are on this ship please, as I know they can vary a lot between cruise lines and bed designs.  Trying to work out if we will also need to take travel rails for our children.  Many thanks.

@annarack How old are your children? We took a travel rail when sailing on the seaside a couple years back for our DD when she was about 4 and we did not use it in the end. The sofas that turn into bunk beds have good long rails and kept DD safe, in fact better than her own bunk bed at home lol.

This was for a balcony room exactly like the photo @Até has posted above, if you have an inside room it might be completely different setup as the pull out beds are attached to the wall.

Thank you both.  Our children will be 5 and 6 by the time we sail in the summer.  We have always booked cabins with a sofa bed before (P&O) so have avoided the issue but I believe the balcony we have booked on Virtuosa will be bunk beds.  Looking at the photo above they should be fine, was just getting a bit nervous as I had seen some photos online of cabin bunks with very low and/or short rails.  Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1

While the OP stated "bunk beds" I thought I would clarify that the Pullman type beds more commonly found in Inside and Ocean View cabins do have a different, and less effective, rail type.  On Virtuosa almost all balcony cabins have either a sofa, a single sofa bed, a double sofa bed or a double bunk bed.  MSC is pretty good about denoting these bed types on the deck plan Key Legend.

a.thumb.jpg.75f7c0f709941ab957617a0f3fd791b4.jpg

• Thanks 1

@Até Thanks, that is a low rail for an inside! I don't fancy my 7 or 5 year falling on top of me in the middle of the night while I am asleep or hurting themselves of course lol. Might have to look into an upgrade now or sleeping on the bunk instead haha. I don't think those travel rails are long enough for those Pullman type beds?

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, kathyc1972 said:

Hi all, we have booked the virtuosa for next year, we are a family of 4 going in a deluxe fantastica balcony, our 2 boys are quite tall and my question is how long are the bunkbeds, any pictures will be great also.

Thankyou Kathy.

Found this photo on CruiseDeckPlans. Looks to me like they are a standard twin bed size?

MSCBal101-82745-1661967588.jpg