Trying to have Onboard Booking Deposit reinstated

RickT

I had a $200 Onboard Booking Deposit for my now cancelled March 2021 cruise.  At the time the cruise was cancelled I got the standard offer of having my deposit refunded or moved to a FCC at 125% of its original value.  I called today to ask that the onboard booking deposit be reinstated so that I would get the OBC instead of the small increase in FCC as well as having more flexibility since it doesn’t expire.  I was told my only choice was a refund or the FCC.

I realize it’s a first world problem and the $ involved isn’t much but. Reached out to The Captains Club today requesting the reinstatement.  I suspect I’ll be told no but am hopeful.  I wonder if anyone else in my situation has been successful?

So your asking to have your cancelled reservation reopened and moved to another sailing?   I don't think you can do that.

You can however get the book onboard OBC bonus on your new booking if you took FCC.

I booked a cruise on board that has now been voluntarily suspended. If I choose to receive the Future Cruise Credit and book at a later date, will I also be entitled to the onboard promotion?

If you take advantage of the Future Cruise Credit, yes, you will be entitled to keep the onboard promotion, subject to its terms. Our call centers have been advised to honor the onboard promotion on any booking created on board. However, if you choose to take the 100% refund instead, the onboard promotion will not be honored if you choose to rebook.

The $100pp deposit though probably not.

• Like 1

@wrk2cruise Thanks so much.... not exactly what I was hoping for but I can probably work with this.  Where did you find that information?  I’d ask why the rep I spoke with today didn’t mention it but that rhetorical question has often been asked and answered on this forum.

Thanks again.... will wait until Celebrity responds (hopefully with the same info) then go about looking for my next cruise.

It's in the FAQ's for Suspended sailings.   I don't know why these are not required reading for their employees.

I do have experience with cancelling a couple NRD reservations which had booked onboard.  I got the $200 deposit for each back as OBC.   A few months later I booked new cruises and although I had to pay regular deposit they applied the OBC without question.  They did say to watch out if you make any subsequent changes as it will drop off as the the reservation is not marked as an onboard booking that it may have to be manually re-applied in the future.

It wouldn't hurt to ask for the reduced deposit as a good will gesture as they cancelled the cruise.  I'd give it a 20% chance of being successful.

• Like 1