Mask requirement DROPPED for vaccinated guests indoors

AbbyCruiser45

This is on the Celebrity web site today.  No mention of Florida cruises being an exception.  Am I missing something?

All guests 16 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing.  As of August 1, 2021, all guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated. All UK guests sailing on Celebrity Silhouette 18 years and older must be fully vaccinated. Crew onboard will be vaccinated.

3 hours ago, Christine Frances said:

I will bring a mask as well. My main concern are the elevators 🛗. 

I was watching a cruise vlog this week. It was on the MSC Virtuosa. They were only allowing four guests per lift and had markings on the floor as to where each person was to stand. Now it’s important to mention that this ship is currently sailing out of the U.K and vaccines are not currently required. Not sure if X will go the same route. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suzanne123 said:

This is on the Celebrity web site today.  No mention of Florida cruises being an exception.  Am I missing something?

All guests 16 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing.  As of August 1, 2021, all guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated. All UK guests sailing on Celebrity Silhouette 18 years and older must be fully vaccinated. Crew onboard will be vaccinated.

I think many including myself are wondering if this will stay the rule on cruises out of FL “if” the current ban on asking for vaccination proof stays in effect. 

1 hour ago, Suzanne123 said:

No, because Celebrity isn’t backing down on the vaccine requirement. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Uhh, I’m not encouraging anyone to take their unvaccinated children on vacation, but if they were on a ship with 98% of crew and 95% of passengers vaccinated, that is safer from a van standpoint than any other place in the world they could vacation- likely safer than their own neighborhood 

Uh ok, i wasn't suggesting you were.  😘  My comment was about how I wouldn't book a cruise with a child that wasn't yet vaccinated (because they couldn't yet at that time be vaccinated), but as soon as there is a vaccine for age group they will be required to have one and there may not be time to get it done.  Then everything is in flux and disappointment. That was my point.

Edited by donna1009