Testing required prior to boarding

Thank you Barbara for your time to respond to traveler questions. I’m not sure if too late to submit questions, but don’t recall seeing one for when you need to test negative prior to boarding. If we test negative 3 days (72 hours) b4 we board ( which would be when we leave the US)  will we still be required to test immediately before we board? Will you be testing throughout the cruise if there is a certain number of positive tests? What is that threshold for when you would start testing other passengers even if no symptoms  ?  If we are all vaccinated one would hope none of us will test positive (understanding efficacy is 95%) , but trying to understand what risk we have of testing positive during the cruise and being quarantined on board even if we have no symptoms. 

Although i I would like the mask mandate to be removed, I’m reluctant to not wear it, since I don’t want to potentially test positive and be quarantined, especially  if I am asymptomatic. 

If if you could clarify the currecnt testing protocols, that would be helpful

thank you

Bobolz brings up a great point.  Lately, there have been many reports of fully vaccinated people testing positive.  Those who are in professions where they must undergo regular testing such as newscasters, professional athletes, and countless other professions, some are testing positive, despite being fully vaccinated.  The good news is they are all asymptomatic.  The case numbers would probably be greater if all of us had to undergo regular testing.  The vaccine doesn't prevent the virus from entering your system, but it does prevent you from getting seriously ill.  Testing fully vaccinated passengers is probably going to result in more positive cases than you think, and what Silversea does with those passengers is a great question.

• Like 1

Hopefully Ms Muckermann will be returning soon and can answer this question (along with the others that need replies as well). Looks like she got to many more of them yesterday afternoon so we will just have to wait patiently🙂

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 1:52 PM, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

Testing fully vaccinated passengers is probably going to result in more positive cases than you think, and what Silversea does with those passengers is a great question.

I´m very interested in knowing which is the (Silversea) protocol in this cases

They are doing testing before embarking.  A letter was sent out to all guests sailing on The Moon.

I am reading the paragraph about testing.

• As a precautionary measure, you will undergo a pre-embarkation health screening, which will include a health questionnaire, touchless temperature check, and a complimentary COVID-19 rapid antigen test. Guests are advised to have the number of their Passenger Locator Form at hand as it will be requested during the registration. Only guests who complete the health screening and test negative will be permitted to board our ships. A comfortable waiting area in which you can enjoy complimentary refreshments while awaiting clearance to embark will be available.

This is just 1 paragraph within a lengthy email about new protocols that are in place.

Here is the part about being denied boarding.

Boarding to the ship is denied to guests who:

:

• Are unable to provide proof of full vaccination, completed at least 2 weeks before boarding
  • Test positive from the rapid antigen COVID-19 test and from the RT-PCR test which will be performed as secondary medical screening
  • Have a temperature exceeding 38°C/100.4°F
  • Have symptoms of other COVID-19 symptoms detected during a secondary medical screening

All positive cases and their travelling parties will be managed on a one-by-one basis with the local health authorities. This will be in accordance to the measures, which, depending on the case, might vary from self-isolation to hospitalization.

• Thanks 1

Hi Lois,

do you know if, instead of the rapid antigen test carried out by Silversea just before embarking, Silversea could accept a rapid antigen test carried out (for instance) 36 hours before in your airport of origin?

Edited by fletcher32

Good morning, I have no clue about any of those details. Maybe Spins (or someone) who is sailing today can post about the entire embarking/disembarking experience for us upon their return.