New Atlas Ocean Voyages info

keokukjoe

The website just added more info. Look at the digital brochures. Here is one that gives more information about the restaurants and other amenities, including capacities which makes for adequate social distancing if needed. 

https://atlasoceanvoyages.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/AOV_WNAV_SHIP_TOUR_BROCHURE_PDF.pdf

I find it quite interesting that they named the "Portuguese inspired menu" LUSITANIA! I know that a region of the ancient Roman Iberian Peninsula, including parts of Portugal and Spain, was called "Lusitania" but that is not the first thing that comes to mind. I think that most Americans, Canadians and Brits would agree!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just received word that the 13 Aug cruise deleted all Turkey stops.  So the Istanbul start is no longer.  The new pickup location is Cario.

So that impacts the cruise that prior to mine.  Don't know the change of ports for that one.

New itinerary:

Alexandria, (Cairo), Egypt 12:00 PM 8:00 PM
Aug-14 At Sea
Aug-15 Paphos, Cyprus 7:00 AM 3:00 PM
Aug-16 Rhodes (Lindos), Greece 8:30 AM 11:59 PM
Aug-17 Kos, Greece 8:00 AM 8:00 PM
Aug-18 Santorini, Greece 8:00 AM 1:30 PM
Aug-18 Mykonos (Delos), Greece 6:00 PM Overnight
Aug-19 Mykonos (Delos), Greece 8:00 PM
Aug-20 Piraeus (Athens), Greece 6:00 AM 

• Like 1

Have they offered you any compensation for this change or a cash refund (not FCC) if you don't want this new itinerary? I assume that you have already made your final payment since it is less than 90 days to sailing.

23 hours ago, keokukjoe said:

Have they offered you any compensation for this change or a cash refund (not FCC) if you don't want this new itinerary? I assume that you have already made your final payment since it is less than 90 days to sailing.

No compensation provided per TA.  We have paid in full.  Since I booked a 2 for 1 deal don't expect much in the way of compensation but would like a deal on future cruise.   Travel will be inconvenient since they are flying us into Cario with 3 Hr ride to ship.

I wish they would have selected a different port for departure.  Too many hoops to jump thru for Egypt.  

My travel agent just gave me 4 options for the revised itinerary:

1.  Accept the new itinerary and get 25% off a future cruise. 
2.  Cancel for full refund.

3.  Move to a later sailing and get an upgrade. 
4.  Move to another cruise before Nov 2021 and use the BOGO pricing on it. 

They are also cancelling stops in Israel so they have many changes to make. I asked about potential land programs in Egypt prior to the cruise, similar to the Cappadocia land trip we were booked on. Atlas is working on it, but no definite plans yet. 

I am not sure why Egypt is safe and Turkey is not. Both are Level 4 on the CDC website. I am thinking we will still go even if we end up doing a private land tour pre-embarkation. 

It is early to evaluate Atlas Ocean, but I was glad to see that they had provided some reasonable alternatives with the schedule changes. I had booked this and the following cruise under the BOGO offer but canceled prior to final payment, anticipating that the possibility that it would not sail. With BOGO pricing, rebooking for a future date did not seem as attractive. The agent understood my concern.  Another positive for Atlas Ocean was I got my deposit back to my card within a week.  We love the smaller ships and hope we will have an opportunity to sail with them in the future. 

Was told by my travel agent yesterday that on Monday Atlas will announce the available shore excursions on our Greek Isles cruise.  Because the embarkation was changed to Cairo they will offer a pre-cruise land option in Egypt. I hope we are able to take advantage of the opportunity to see the pyramids. 

On 6/12/2021 at 12:07 PM, Cardinal Gal said:

Was told by my travel agent yesterday that on Monday Atlas will announce the available shore excursions on our Greek Isles cruise.  Because the embarkation was changed to Cairo they will offer a pre-cruise land option in Egypt. I hope we are able to take advantage of the opportunity to see the pyramids. 

Would love to hear about your experience with Atlas as we are on the 10/4 TA sailing out of Lisbon with the pre-cruise land option in Lisbon 10/2-10/4. Please post a review. Thanks. Have a great journey!

On 6/4/2021 at 12:09 PM, goghd said:

New itinerary:

Alexandria, (Cairo), Egypt 12:00 PM 8:00 PM
Aug-14 At Sea
Aug-15 Paphos, Cyprus 7:00 AM 3:00 PM
Aug-16 Rhodes (Lindos), Greece 8:30 AM 11:59 PM
Aug-17 Kos, Greece 8:00 AM 8:00 PM
Aug-18 Santorini, Greece 8:00 AM 1:30 PM
Aug-18 Mykonos (Delos), Greece 6:00 PM Overnight
Aug-19 Mykonos (Delos), Greece 8:00 PM
Aug-20 Piraeus (Athens), Greece 6:00 AM 

Would love to hear about your experience with Atlas as we are on the 10/4 TA sailing out of Lisbon with the pre-cruise land option in Lisbon 10/2-10/4. Please post a review. Thanks. Have a great journey!

We still hope this is a go. I have spoken to Atlas representatives and was told earlier this week that the land excursions would be posted by the end of the week. So far no info, but I know they are working on them. 

I will post a review assuming we sail. 

Just now, Cardinal Gal said:

We still hope this is a go. I have spoken to Atlas representatives and was told earlier this week that the land excursions would be posted by the end of the week. So far no info, but I know they are working on them. 

Did Atlas inform you of their revised Vaccine policy?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2021 at 6:38 PM, Cardinal Gal said:

Hi all - new to the forum - looking for any and all info I can find. 
We are booked on this cruise too. Been waiting for shore excursions. I did get the google doc from our travel agent but nothing set in stone yet. Happy to share. No excursions for Kos listed. We still don’t have our new flights yet. I’m nervous every time our TA calls that she’s going to tell us it’s canceled! We were a little hesitant about Cairo at first but booked the pre cruise hotel (Ritz Carlton) through AOY and will take some time to see the Pyramids. 

11 hours ago, saddledowndani said:

Hi all - new to the forum - looking for any and all info I can find. 
We are booked on this cruise too. Been waiting for shore excursions. I did get the google doc from our travel agent but nothing set in stone yet. Happy to share. No excursions for Kos listed. We still don’t have our new flights yet. I’m nervous every time our TA calls that she’s going to tell us it’s canceled! We were a little hesitant about Cairo at first but booked the pre cruise hotel (Ritz Carlton) through AOY and will take some time to see the Pyramids. 

Please post a review of your journey. Have a wonderful time!

12 hours ago, saddledowndani said:

...Cairo at first but booked the pre cruise hotel (Ritz Carlton) through AOY and will take some time to see the Pyramids. 

I also am looking at doing a pre cruise in Cario.  But waiting for Atlas to get their act together and contact me for scheduling flights and inform me of their land tour options.

Atlas is just not keeping their customers informed.  Hope their service is better on the ship.

Any suggestions on a tour in Egypt?  How many days should I program?  Looking at 3 days prior to cruise.

Gary 

12 hours ago, goghd said:

I also am looking at doing a pre cruise in Cario.  But waiting for Atlas to get their act together and contact me for scheduling flights and inform me of their land tour options.

Atlas is just not keeping their customers informed.  Hope their service is better on the ship.

Any suggestions on a tour in Egypt?  How many days should I program?  Looking at 3 days prior to cruise.

Gary 

We are just winging it and using the hotel concierge to help us do a day trip to the pyramids and the museum. Not sure when the transfer to Alexandria will be yet. 
Still waiting on flight info but they did confirm today that will will be responsible for getting our own visas (which we cannot do without our flight info) so hopefully those will arrive soon!

39 minutes ago, jwsfun said:

Has Anyone gotten Documents yet for their Cruise?

I was told that docs will be sent 30-45 days prior to your departure date. You will receive e-docs including e-tickets and other info via email and also a box sent via the mail that will include other info, travel books relevant to your ports as well as an AOV backpack  and possibly other "gift" items.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, saddledowndani said:

We are 44 days out. Have not seen the updated form to select our excursions and no confirmed flights. I'd certainly feel better if I received ANYTHING at this point.

If I were you, I'd call them in the AM. Did you book directly with AOV or a travel agent? Speak with the AOV who booked your trip. You could also call their AIr Department and speak with Ken Goldberg. We've had our flights arranged quite a while ago and we don't leave until 10/1. Good luck.

Our TA is working on it and I feel bad for her, it's their air department that is lagging. I'm guessing it's because they are having to rebook all of us since they changed our itinerary. We had flights that were great, hoping the new ones look as good. I might call them directly though if I don't hear anything by Friday. We will need our itineraries because we can't apply for our Visa without it. 

3 minutes ago, saddledowndani said:

Our TA is working on it and I feel bad for her, it's their air department that is lagging. I'm guessing it's because they are having to rebook all of us since they changed our itinerary. We had flights that were great, hoping the new ones look as good. I might call them directly though if I don't hear anything by Friday. We will need our itineraries because we can't apply for our Visa without it. 

You can get your Egyptian visa on arrival so don't worry about that. There are kiosks in the airport for that purpose. Same cost as getting it online.

Good luck with your flights.  Please post a review of your cruise. 

• Thanks 1