Is anybody else going to miss HAL's smaller ships?

atexsix

30 minutes ago, nocl said:

The problem is not so much 1 large ship vs 1 small ship in a port. The problem these days is the 3,4, or 5 large ships in the same port at the same time on the same days.

Well, the solution will not come from business. And really it shouldn't and that is okay and doesn't make business bad. Businesses are by their nature built to respond to demand and climate. It will only come from the climate of the locality's populace and their wishes. Hence why I had no qualms about Key West making the choice they did. Who knows where that will end via judges and courts and whatnot but I hope Key West wins out. They have the right to self determine as a community. 

I'll miss these ships.  They are a good size.  Not stupid big, but not too small.  Can always find a wee quiet spot somewhere to read.  In preparation for their demise, we are going to give Oceania a try.  For shorter cruises, Windstar's sail ships are great.

I'm not sure how HAL's wonderful Grand Voyages will be, once the last of the smaller ships go.....

• Like 4

9 hours ago, weeislayman said:

I'll miss these ships.  They are a good size.  Not stupid big, but not too small.  Can always find a wee quiet spot somewhere to read.  In preparation for their demise, we are going to give Oceania a try.  For shorter cruises, Windstar's sail ships are great.

I'm not sure how HAL's wonderful Grand Voyages will be, once the last of the smaller ships go.....

Our Koningsdam cruises allowed us to find quiet spaces and room to read other than our balcony. Lido, gets a little crowded in prime times but there are so many other venues for lunch and breakfast to choose from.

We can continue to lament about our past beloved cruises on the smaller ships. IMO those beautiful ladies of the seas are memories. If you want to continue cruising either we have to adapt, choose other lines or get used to the new ships.

Not easy choses for many Mariners. But they remain choices and most likely no going back to the class ships we loved and preferred.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 2