Luminae on Apex - MDR menu options?

ian441672

Hi

We have a B2B end July/August in a SS so have access to Luminae.  Last cruise when dining in a 'regular' Luminae we could order off the MDR menu as well which gave us great flexibility and something we would generally enjoy in a fantastic restaurant.

I have heard that since Luminae on the Apex is up on floor 14 (?) set apart from the MDR kitchens, then this option is not permitted, or at least that was the case on Edge.

Any updates on this, as with only 3-4 choices on the standard menu, (I think we only ordered once or twice from 14 days off the original Luminae menu), we are going to be very limited in our options...perhaps a few more speciality restaurants?!

Thanks.

There was no ordering off the MDR menu on Edge.  They expanded the Luminae menu to include the unique nightly offerings but added a section with standard every night offerings too.  You can also make arrangements 24 hr in advance in Luminae for almost anything you desire (within reason).  The nice thing about E-Class is the expanded number of specialty dining choices (at a fee of course).  Also the 4 MDR restaurants are appealing to many sailing suites too.  And Blu.

Edited by TeeRick

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

There was no ordering off the MDR menu on Edge.  They expanded the Luminae menu to include the unique nightly offerings but added a section with standard every night offerings too.  You can also make arrangements 24 hr in advance in Luminae for almost anything you desire (within reason).  The nice thing about E-Class is the expanded number of specialty dining choices (at a fee of course).  Also the 4 MDR restaurants are appealing to many sailing suites too.  And Blu.

Thanks, that's good to know. I was loathe to use the MDR as first choice as it is a 'waste' of Luminae perk, but I will see how the extra options look and it sounds promising....also that new steak grill restaurant looks good too. Princess Club Class do nice extra dishes off the main menu, but they are linked to the main kitchen.

Appreciate the information.

The galley in Luminae on Apex has been built larger so they will probably be able to offer an expanded menu.

That was the problem on Edge, the galley was never designed large enough to accommodate alternative items.

21 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

The galley in Luminae on Apex has been built larger so they will probably be able to offer an expanded menu.

That was the problem on Edge, the galley was never designed large enough to accommodate alternative items.

Thanks, that's good to know.  I guess with no sailings yet, people can't really know for sure if they will expand the menu and add extra's on it, hopefully people will comment soon.  Good information to have though, thank you.

• Like 1