New Carnival "have fun, be safe" protocols.

stellarose

HAVE FUN. BE SAFE. COVID-19 GUEST PROTOCOLS

Carnival Cruise Line's Have Fun. Be Safe. protocols and procedures have been designed to maximize the health and safety of our guests and crew while delivering a fun and memorable vacation experience. Below are the measures currently planned, which are subject to change as further details are established. They will be updated in accordance with guidance from public health authorities.

For guests cruising on an Alaska summer 2021 sailing, please be sure to review the Protocols for Alaska Summer 2021 Sailings section.

booking-icon.ashx

BOOKING

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention publishes travel advice, warnings and recommendations related to COVID-19, including for travel on cruise ships, which you should consult at the CDC's website Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. before confirming a reservation.

enhanced-medical-screenings-icon.ashx

ENHANCED HEALTH SCREENINGS

Every guest will undergo enhanced pre-embarkation health screenings. We will refer anyone with signs and symptoms of COVID-19, or who are identified at-risk, for additional medical screening before allowing them to board. Secondary screenings (and health checks throughout the cruise) will be performed when necessary. Contact tracing is planned for every cruise. Protocols are evolving and as changes are announced, we will share more information as soon as possible.

outdoor-activities-icon.png

RESPONSIBLE PHYSICAL DISTANCING

Physical distancing will be maintained throughout check-in and embarkation, and will be required in terminals, on board ships, on private islands, and during shore excursions. This will be managed by adjusting the flow of groups and through reduced occupancy, staggered activity times, and closely managed group sizes. Entertainment programs and restaurants will be designed to enhance physical distancing.

face-masks-icon.ashx

MASKS

Face masks for all forms of transportation are still required by the CDC; however, protocols are evolving and as changes are announced, we will share more information as soon as possible.

health-safety-protocols-icon.png

PERSONAL HYGIENE

Guests will be encouraged to use the hand-washing sinks and hand sanitizer dispensers at venue entrances and in high-traffic areas throughout the ship. Guests will be asked to follow health information about the ways to stay healthy on board and when ashore through daily programming, entertainment systems, announcements, in-stateroom literature, and our app. There will be no self-service for meals. We'll do the serving for you.

at-your-destination-icon.png

SAFE SHORESIDE EXPERIENCES

We’re working with local authorities, destinations and tour operators so that the enhanced health and safety measures on board are maintained ashore. We will follow the health protocols for every port we visit. There may be a reduction in the capacity of excursions and tour vehicles. Only shore excursions that comply with our prescribed protocols will be permitted, with strict adherence required of all guests and denial of re-boarding for any guests who do not comply.

alaska-icon.png

PROTOCOLS FOR ALASKA SUMMER 2021 SAILINGS

Alaska cruises are available only for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination. Accordingly, the following applies only to these specific Alaska itineraries:

• All guests, including children who are age-eligible for vaccines, will need to show proof of vaccination.
  • This means, that regrettably, guests who are not vaccinated, including children who are not yet eligible for a vaccine, will not be permitted to sail.
Our Have Fun. Be Safe. guidelines for Alaska voyages incorporate guidance from the CDC and Alaska officials:
  • All guests will be asked to confirm their status as fully vaccinated for COVID-19 during check-in and provide proof of vaccination in advance of boarding. (As a reminder, “fully vaccinated” means the final dose of the vaccine was administered 14 days prior to embarkation.)
  • It’s important for guests to come prepared, as those who arrive at the embarkation terminal without the proper proof of vaccination will not be able to cruise, and no refund will be issued.
  • Face masks for all forms of transportation are still required by the CDC; however, protocols are evolving and as changes are announced, we will share more information as soon as possible.
  • While guests will be vaccinated, we will follow protocols and requirements for each destination while ashore in Alaska. Remember, these restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
  • Like 1

Just now, kdr69 said:

Interesting mine shows the changes and yours doesnt

That is why I am asking.  LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang.  🙂  Attached is from the same exact link you posted.  So, three people post the same link (including myself) and all three have the same exact info.  Nothing changed.  

Screenshot 2021-05-26 141019.png

2 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

HAVE FUN. BE SAFE. COVID-19 GUEST PROTOCOLS

Carnival Cruise Line's Have Fun. Be Safe. protocols and procedures have been designed to maximize the health and safety of our guests and crew while delivering a fun and memorable vacation experience. Below are the measures currently planned, which are subject to change as further details are established. They will be updated in accordance with guidance from public health authorities.

For guests cruising on an Alaska summer 2021 sailing, please be sure to review the Protocols for Alaska Summer 2021 Sailings section.

booking-icon.ashx

BOOKING

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention publishes travel advice, warnings and recommendations related to COVID-19, including for travel on cruise ships, which you should consult at the CDC's website Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window. before confirming a reservation.

enhanced-medical-screenings-icon.ashx

ENHANCED HEALTH SCREENINGS

Every guest will undergo enhanced pre-embarkation health screenings. We will refer anyone with signs and symptoms of COVID-19, or who are identified at-risk, for additional medical screening before allowing them to board. Secondary screenings (and health checks throughout the cruise) will be performed when necessary. Contact tracing is planned for every cruise. Protocols are evolving and as changes are announced, we will share more information as soon as possible.

outdoor-activities-icon.png

RESPONSIBLE PHYSICAL DISTANCING

Physical distancing will be maintained throughout check-in and embarkation, and will be required in terminals, on board ships, on private islands, and during shore excursions. This will be managed by adjusting the flow of groups and through reduced occupancy, staggered activity times, and closely managed group sizes. Entertainment programs and restaurants will be designed to enhance physical distancing.

face-masks-icon.ashx

MASKS

Face masks for all forms of transportation are still required by the CDC; however, protocols are evolving and as changes are announced, we will share more information as soon as possible.

health-safety-protocols-icon.png

PERSONAL HYGIENE

Guests will be encouraged to use the hand-washing sinks and hand sanitizer dispensers at venue entrances and in high-traffic areas throughout the ship. Guests will be asked to follow health information about the ways to stay healthy on board and when ashore through daily programming, entertainment systems, announcements, in-stateroom literature, and our app. There will be no self-service for meals. We'll do the serving for you.

at-your-destination-icon.png

SAFE SHORESIDE EXPERIENCES

We’re working with local authorities, destinations and tour operators so that the enhanced health and safety measures on board are maintained ashore. We will follow the health protocols for every port we visit. There may be a reduction in the capacity of excursions and tour vehicles. Only shore excursions that comply with our prescribed protocols will be permitted, with strict adherence required of all guests and denial of re-boarding for any guests who do not comply.

alaska-icon.png

PROTOCOLS FOR ALASKA SUMMER 2021 SAILINGS

Alaska cruises are available only for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination. Accordingly, the following applies only to these specific Alaska itineraries:

• All guests, including children who are age-eligible for vaccines, will need to show proof of vaccination.
  • This means, that regrettably, guests who are not vaccinated, including children who are not yet eligible for a vaccine, will not be permitted to sail.
Our Have Fun. Be Safe. guidelines for Alaska voyages incorporate guidance from the CDC and Alaska officials:
  • All guests will be asked to confirm their status as fully vaccinated for COVID-19 during check-in and provide proof of vaccination in advance of boarding. (As a reminder, “fully vaccinated” means the final dose of the vaccine was administered 14 days prior to embarkation.)
  • It’s important for guests to come prepared, as those who arrive at the embarkation terminal without the proper proof of vaccination will not be able to cruise, and no refund will be issued.
  • Face masks for all forms of transportation are still required by the CDC; however, protocols are evolving and as changes are announced, we will share more information as soon as possible.
  • While guests will be vaccinated, we will follow protocols and requirements for each destination while ashore in Alaska. Remember, these restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.

Thank you.  Same link. Different information.   Same timestamp and same link - different information.  You have more info than what I show.  That is why I was asking.  Seems like everyone will see different information from the same exact link.  I even changed computers and browsers.  

So instead of being a smartass, like you were in earlier posts, doesn't feel good to assist in a kinder manner?  Thanks.

Just now, BrotherCraig said:

Thank you.  Same link. Different information.   Same timestamp and same link - different information.  You have more info than what I show.  That is why I was asking.  Seems like everyone will see different information from the same exact link.  I even changed computers and browsers.  

So instead of being a smartass, like you were in earlier posts, doesn't feel good to assist in a kinder manner?  Thanks.

Smartass?? I just posted the two differences for you? Not even any commentary.😳

Just now, kdr69 said:

Smartass?? I just posted the two differences for you? Not even any commentary.😳

Talking about your post about clicking the link and seeing for myself.  If you seen my posts, you would have known I have done that.  That is obvious.  

1 minute ago, BrotherCraig said:

Talking about your post about clicking the link and seeing for myself.  If you seen my posts, you would have known I have done that.  That is obvious.  

I think you have me confused with someone else i did give you link to try because i thought your link was the issue?  Sorry if you felt i was being a smartass for that wasnt meant to be nothing but helpful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eli_6 said:

I am so lost.  So yall are following the same link and showing different protocols???

yes apparently even when i copied and pasted the link from my computer it still gave the old protocols when opened.  Dont know how that works.  Maybe it is a cache thing like @BlerkOne mentioned

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eli_6 said:

I am so lost.  So yall are following the same link and showing different protocols???

Yes.  I used to different computers, one that I have not used in over a week, and it came up the same as two hours ago.  They posted that it changed but I didn't see any of the changes so was asking what changed from the one two hours ago.  

I used my smartphone and it shows what they are seeing.  I cleared my cache just a few minutes ago and it still shows the same info from two hours ago.  

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Clear cache, not to be confused with clear cash 

Did that.  Same thing is showing.  

Smartphone is running on wifi and showing updated.  Odd.  

Renewing my IP and restarting my laptop and desktop along with my Virtual Desktop.

4 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

I think you have me confused with someone else i did give you link to try because i thought your link was the issue?  Sorry if you felt i was being a smartass for that wasnt meant to be nothing but helpful.

Sorry. Thought otherwise with the post attached.  Guessing I read into it wrong.  Apologize if I did.

Screenshot 2021-05-26 142528.png

To me, the big matzah ball is that the CDC considers cruises "transportation". While that's debatable because the start and ending are the same location, as long as cruises are transportation, I do not see them changing their minds as it were about the mask mandates.

For me and wife, and many of us here, that is a bummer as we don't want to wear a mask on vacation.

I guess it's next year or late this year for a cruise for us. ☹️

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

Sorry. Thought otherwise with the post attached.  Guessing I read into it wrong.  Apologize if I did.

Screenshot 2021-05-26 142528.png

Oh yes sorry i meant it was just easier for me to open the website and read it cause i have it open already rather than click on the link in the forum.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

To me, the big matzah ball is that the CDC considers cruises "transportation". While that's debatable because the start and ending are the same location, as long as cruises are transportation, I do not see them changing their minds as it were about the mask mandates.

For me and wife, and many of us here, that is a bummer as we don't want to wear a mask on vacation.

I guess it's next year or late this year for a cruise for us. ☹️

They should treat them like hotels.  They are floating hotels.  lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EMOSEA said:

Did anyone take a screenshot of the one yesterday? The the mask guidelines and testing are different than what I remembered reading yesterday. 

I just focus on this part which so far has been proven quite true today lol

however, protocols are evolving and as changes are announced, we will share more information as soon as possible.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, john91498 said:

kdr69,

Since you're in Canada, does any of this apply to you?

Well if i want to cruise it does lol. Although regardless if the Protocols change 3000 times the only one that truly matters to me is the Border opening and quarantine procedures prior to or after my cruise.  Those are big ones that will keep me from cruising even if they start tomorrow.  I simply cant take 14 days to quarantine after arriving back from my 7 day cruise.

• Like 1

It would appear they have changed the mask notice paragraph (public transport reference only) and test requirement reference (no test to board mentioned) from the earlier version posted yesterday.  I can see no tests or masks for fully vaccinated cruises/passengers (the CSO has been changed to reflect that), but there will be tests, masks and other restrictions for unvaccinated passengers and the CSO is not likely to be changed in that regard anytime soon.  Vaccination brings benefits to those choosing to be vaccinated.  Carnival is just postponing the inevitable truth for a week or so because of negative feedback online.  This need that they seem to have to cater to unvaccinated passengers is a mystery to me.  And I'm not talking about unvaccinated children who are not eligible for the vaccine; I'm talking about fully eligible ADULTS who are refusing to be vaccinated, but then want vaccinated passenger benefits to apply to them. 

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

the CSO is not likely to be changed in that regard anytime soon.

I rather think its like the weather right now if you dont like it wait 5 minutes it will change.....

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

They should treat them like hotels.  They are floating hotels.  lol

No, they are not. And the CDC has no control over hotels or how they function. Cruise ships are groups of crew living together for extended periods of time.  Those crew then interact with passengers for extended periods of time, who are likewise interacting with other passengers in close quarters for extended periods of time.  It's not at all similar to a hotel operation.

1 minute ago, kdr69 said:

I rather think its like the weather right now if you dont like it wait 5 minutes it will change.....

Best answer yet. It's interesting reading the changes, but I'm not going to believe anything one way or the other until we are boarding, lol. Getting whiplash from the bouncing around.

• Like 3