St Maarten - EHAS Form

themutis

4 hours ago, wesport said:

Just read this on the ehas site. As I understand it if you fly in one day earlier you still need to test, but are not required to buy the insurance if not staying more than one day. They also added all the cruise lines on the site. 

Hello ! Where did you find mention of "all the cruise lines" ? Please and Thank you.

1 hour ago, FLbeachbaby said:

Hello ! Where did you find mention of "all the cruise lines" ? Please and Thank you.

When you hit air and cruise, there is a drop down menu with all the cruise lines and ship. 

1 minute ago, FLbeachbaby said:

Aw Ok thank you. I did not actually go into the form, just read everything else. Will peruse the form now. Thanks !

I am still confused. Celebrity is telling their guests to select just air travel. If we are flying in one day early and getting on the cruise the next day, do we still check air travel or air and cruise and select Windstar. this is new since the update. Still have a few weeks to work it out. Really has become too stressful for me. 

11 hours ago, adomatic said:

So if we're flying in the same day as the cruise we select Air Cruise? I wrote to EHAS for clarification since we're not technically staying in St Martin but I haven''t heard back yet.

My past two emails have gone unanswered. 

15 hours ago, adomatic said:

So if we're flying in the same day as the cruise we select Air Cruise? I wrote to EHAS for clarification since we're not technically staying in St Martin but I haven''t heard back yet.

I'm going to follow what Celebrity posted and that is "select air travel". I am not staying on the island, straight to and from ship. I'm sure we aren't the only ones confused and there does not seem to be any info from Windstar. Maybe some clarification down the road or we all are just winging it.

I'm going to follow what Celebrity posted and that is "select air travel". I am not staying on the island, straight to and from ship. I'm sure we aren't the only ones confused and there does not seem to be any info from Windstar. Maybe some clarification down the road or we all are just winging it.

If you read the post on celebrity, the gentleman flew in three days early. Put only air travel, and and a 10 day stay. Added the negative pcr, and got approved almost immediately. 

Hi Mocamps- you and every other person feel this way. I'm no Covid cruising guru but here's my thoughts today.

For sure you need a test to get to St. Maarten. Which of the 2 types is apparently up to you. (I just noticed you are UK so maybe different testing, sorry I did not read international info)  I am feeling a bit more at ease going with PCR just because of the timeline. If I get nervous about not getting results in a timely fashion, I'll go get the rapid. 

I have read through some of the Celebrity threads and they were stressed out. Maybe it will get easier as this machine gets oiled. Maybe it will get worse as more cruises depart. If not for these boards and us talking it through, I don't think I could have done it. One poster mentioned to "stop complaining" in a rather rude tone. I appreciate everyone's perspective here and we are all just trying to figure it out. Windstar has unfortunately not been helpful in distributing this information, hence our speculation and chatter. If they made it easy, we wouldn't be here...

So let's keep discussing and sharing and hopefully it will help us or at least someone else trying to get onboard. Things can change rapidly so let's hope everyone stays safe and follows the rules and we can all get back on the water. 

• Like 2

Slightly off topic-

On the Celebrity board I read that the St Maarten airport could not handle the crush of passengers on departure day which is Saturday.  I believe the Windstar cruises end on Saturday as well. If possible, I would consider flying out a day or two later.

TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (June 14, 2021)

GENERAL INFORMATION

EHAS TO ISSUE A QR CODE WITH THE HEALTH AUTHORIZATION PRE-APPROVAL AS OF JUNE 9. TRAVELERS ARRIVING WITH AN EARLIER ISSUED PRE-APPROVAL WILL BE ADMITTED.

AS OF JUNE 15 ALL FULLY VACCINATED RESIDENTS FROM SINT MAARTEN AND THE BES ISLANDSCAN ENTER SINT MAARTEN WITHOUT TESTING, HOWEVER, WHEN ORIGINATING FROM A BANNED COUNTRY A rt-PCR TEST WITHIN 48 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE MUST BE PERFORMED ADDITIONALLY.

AS OF JULY 1 THE rt-PCR TEST MUST BE PERFORMED ON A NASO-PHARYGEAL SWAB WITHIN 72 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE BY TRAVELERS ORIGINATING FROM THE USA AND CANADA. ALTERNATIVELY THESE TRAVELERS CAN ALSO PERFOM AN ANTIGEN TEST WITHIN 48 HOURS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE TO SINT MAARTEN.

Edited by FLbeachbaby

4 minutes ago, FLbeachbaby said:

TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (June 14, 2021)

GENERAL INFORMATION

EHAS TO ISSUE A QR CODE WITH THE HEALTH AUTHORIZATION PRE-APPROVAL AS OF JUNE 9. TRAVELERS ARRIVING WITH AN EARLIER ISSUED PRE-APPROVAL WILL BE ADMITTED.

AS OF JUNE 15 ALL FULLY VACCINATED RESIDENTS FROM SINT MAARTEN AND THE BES ISLANDSCAN ENTER SINT MAARTEN WITHOUT TESTING, HOWEVER, WHEN ORIGINATING FROM A BANNED COUNTRY A rt-PCR TEST WITHIN 48 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE MUST BE PERFORMED ADDITIONALLY.

AS OF JULY 1 THE rt-PCR TEST MUST BE PERFORMED ON A NASO-PHARYGEAL SWAB WITHIN 72 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE BY TRAVELERS ORIGINATING FROM THE USA AND CANADA. ALTERNATIVELY THESE TRAVELERS CAN ALSO PERFOM AN ANTIGEN TEST WITHIN 48 HOURS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE TO SINT MAARTEN.

So if the EHAS requirement is now going to be 72 hours not the 120 as previously allowed, I would probably go with the rapid test. Results from PCR and uploading and getting approval might be cutting it too close for me.

Confusing because this is still under COVID-19 TEST REQUIREMENTS

For travelers from the USA, US territories and Canada the time frame remains 120 hrs. prior to departure. This will remain in effect as long as the national health authorities of the USA and Canada do not require differently for their traveling citizens.

1 minute ago, wesport said:

Past two emails have gone unanswered. Has anyone heard back from any emails. 72 hours for a PCR doesn’t give you much time. Nor does the 48 hour antigen test. 120 hours was reasonable. 

Yes, it changed my strategy. I just keep checking the site so I know what's going on. Wait, I really don't know what is going on so I'll just say I will keep checking...quite the roller coaster.

Yes, it changed my strategy. I just keep checking the site so I know what's going on. Wait, I really don't know what is going on so I'll just say I will keep checking...quite the roller coaster.

Read the Celebrity post on SXM departure mess. Makes you wonder if its worth the effort???

5 hours ago, MNgardens said:

Slightly off topic-

On the Celebrity board I read that the St Maarten airport could not handle the crush of passengers on departure day which is Saturday.  I believe the Windstar cruises end on Saturday as well. If possible, I would consider flying out a day or two later.

We already had a hotel books for Saturday so we could hang out before our late afternoon flight.  Just changed our flight from Sat to Sun - don't want to return home too stressed 🙂  Thanks for the heads up.

So, neither cvs nor Walgreens does an antigen test. I stopped in personally.  Their pcr test take 1 to 3 business days for results. Next to impossible to be sure ehas  form would be filled out before leaving. Considering cancellation at this point. 120 hours was feasible, but 72 hours just doesn’t work as of July 1st. 

33 minutes ago, wesport said:

So, neither cvs nor Walgreens does an antigen test. I stopped in personally.  Their pcr test take 1 to 3 business days for results. Next to impossible to be sure ehas  form would be filled out before leaving. Considering cancellation at this point. 120 hours was feasible, but 72 hours just doesn’t work as of July 1st. 

Some suggestions- call your local health department, try an urgent care facility (on this side we have AFC Urgent Care), go online for CVS. When I go online it shows me where and what tests are available. I have not called to confirm this. I don't see the PCR as being a sure thing given the timing. 

I completely understand the frustration. It seems like a lot of work for a vacation. Oh let's not forget hurricane season that we have to account for as well. UGH

Edited by FLbeachbaby

1 hour ago, wesport said:

36 minutes ago, FLbeachbaby said:

Some suggestions- call your local health department, try an urgent care facility (on this side we have AFC Urgent Care), go online for CVS. When I go online it shows me where and what tests are available. I have not called to confirm this. I don't see the PCR as being a sure thing given the timing. 

I completely understand the frustration. It seems like a lot of work for a vacation. Oh let's not forget hurricane season that we have to account for as well. UGH

If you enter your zip code into CVS's online site, and fill out the questionaire they will show you where you can get tests. Both the rapid test and the PCR test. 

3 minutes ago, Windsailer said:

If you enter your zip code into CVS's online site, and fill out the questionaire they will show you where you can get tests. Both the rapid test and the PCR test. 

I can get a PCR at cvs or Walgreens. As of July 1, you need to do it 72 hours before departure. If it takes 3 days to get results, you then have to fill out the ehas form and wait for approval. Prior to 7/1 it was 5 days before departure for PCR. 

Edited by wesport

I recommend checking for a Walgreens.  Some of their locations offer the ID NOW test which is a rapid rt-PCR test.  I recently went to Hawaii, they have a similar entry process.  The Hawaii entry requirements specify that the test has to be a PCR type of test within 72 hours of arrival, and they had a list of authorized test vendors.  In the description of Walgreens, which was an authorized vendor, they specifically say that the ID NOW test is a PCR test.  Not all Walgreens locations offer this specific test, and the Walgreens website lists options for the ID NOW, lab based PCR, or rapid antigen test.  I went for the ID NOW, on a Monday, and the lab results were emailed to me within 90 minutes.  I've heard that during a weekend collection it might take a day, since the lab has to sign off on the result.  If not staying in SXM, and going from the airport to the ship, then since cruises from SXM depart on a Saturday, you can test after Wednesday afternoon, and the rapid ID NOW results should be available in plenty of time.

Hmmm, just noticed this requirement at the end of the cruise when disembarking in St Maarten.  We are staying an extra day at the end of the cruise - so we would need the antigen test on Friday so we can fly back to the US on sunday.  NO mention of a PCR test when disembarking on the St Maarten Travel Requirements site.    I wonder if Windstar will be doing this for free (as Celebrity is)

1. Within 48 hours, before disembarking again in Sint Maarten at the end of the cruise, all passengers 10 years of age and older must have an antigen test performed by the cruise line.