St Maarten - EHAS Form

themutis

8 minutes ago, themutis said:

Hmmm, just noticed this requirement at the end of the cruise when disembarking in St Maarten.  We are staying an extra day at the end of the cruise - so we would need the antigen test on Friday so we can fly back to the US on sunday.  NO mention of a PCR test when disembarking on the St Maarten Travel Requirements site.    I wonder if Windstar will be doing this for free (as Celebrity is)

1. Within 48 hours, before disembarking again in Sint Maarten at the end of the cruise, all passengers 10 years of age and older must have an antigen test performed by the cruise line.

You have to buy it on the gift order form from Windstar. I called, and the rep said its best to purchase it before you get on the ship so they have enough test kits. image.thumb.jpg.805e8c828dccf70616b7a8a08dd2c26d.jpg

Here’s a question. If I am leaving on Friday at 10:40 am, do I take my pcr test after 10:40 on Tuesday or anytime on Tuesday. If I take it early, I will have it back later that day.  Wondering if ehas check the time or whether it is just 3 days before departure. 

Thanks, I did know it was on the "Gift Form".... but now that the antigen test is required for all passengers to disembark, I was just wondering how Windstar would handle it.  Every passenger will need will need the antigen test so Windstar will need to have enough.

Should Windstar even offer the PCR test since Sint Maarten requires an antigen test? 

1. Within 48 hours, before disembarking again in Sint Maarten at the end of the cruise, all passengers 10 years of age and older must have an antigen test performed by the cruise line.

So at the end of the cruise I have had a PCR test...guess they won't let me off and I will have to stay another week or two!

So I leave for Sint Maarten on 6/22 for my 6/26 cruise. I opted for the antigen test at CVS. My flight from Atlanta to SXM leaves at 9:45am so I scheduled the antigen test online at CVS for 10:05am. I was tested at 10:01 (self nasal swab) and i had the results (negative) at 10:22am. At 11:45 I submitted EHAS form after scanning both my vaccine card and the antigen test results and attaching them to the application form. I was approved at 11:58!  Pretty straightforward and seamless process. One tip - make sure you ask the lab/provider for a hard copy of the test results so you have something to scan. One step closer to being on the Star Breeze!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Windsailer said:

So I leave for Sint Maarten on 6/22 for my 6/26 cruise. I opted for the antigen test at CVS. My flight from Atlanta to SXM leaves at 9:45am so I scheduled the antigen test online at CVS for 10:05am. I was tested at 10:01 (self nasal swab) and i had the results (negative) at 10:22am. At 11:45 I submitted EHAS form after scanning both my vaccine card and the antigen test results and attaching them to the application form. I was approved at 11:58!  Pretty straightforward and seamless process. One tip - make sure you ask the lab/provider for a hard copy of the test results so you have something to scan. One step closer to being on the Star Breeze!

Did you choose air travel or air and sea with the cruise ship name? Some people are saying it doesn’t make a difference. 

3 hours ago, Windsailer said:

So helpful ! Thank you for posting this. 

Edited by FLbeachbaby

1 minute ago, FLbeachbaby said:

So helpful ! Thank you for posting this. 

3 hours ago, Windsailer said:

Couple of questions- did CVS naturally provide all the required/detailed information that is requested on the EHAS or did you have to confirm that? About how much was it ? Did you wait there for a hard copy ? Thanks again

So is the CVS test one of these below or does it not matter in actuality ?

From WS FAQ-  Yes, antigen tests are also accepted, but for now only the following antigen tests are accepted: BD Veritor Plus, Abbott Panbio, Abbott BinaxNow and the Roche/SD Biosensor F. The test must be performed on a naso-pharyngheal sample taken within 48 hours prior to departure to St. Maarten. Antigen tests on samples taken outside of the 48 hours period or from other brands will not be accepted.

And does CVS give you all this info as well ? Another words, are they sticking to what is printed or basically if you have any antigen it's cool ?? This would save me $500$

The original test result to be uploaded as part of EHAS application procedure must clearly specify the name of the laboratory or clinic, full name of test subject, type of test administered, name of antigen test, swab date, source of the swab, result date and a negative result.

Edited by FLbeachbaby

I had sent EHAS  an email early in the week to see if the CVS rapid antigen test - EUA -LumiraDx SARS-CoV-2 Antigen (Ag) Test - was acceptable. They responded very quickly saying yes. 

CVS had all the required info on the hard copy I received at the time I got the results. The lab part on the EHAS form was a bit tricky so I just put what they had on the form and added CVS Health - Minute Clinic. I waited at CVS for the results then when they called I asked for a hard copy, which they printed out for me. 

The test was free for me due to my advanced age (medicare). I also get my prescriptions filled there so they had all of my insurance information already. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to help. 

Edited by Windsailer

5 minutes ago, Windsailer said:

I had sent EHAS  an email early in the week to see if the CVS rapid antigen test - EUA -LumiraDx SARS-CoV-2 Antigen (Ag) Test - was acceptable. They responded very quickly saying yes. 

CVS had all the required info on the hard copy I received at the time I got the results. The lab part on the EHAS form was a bit tricky so I just put what they had on the form and added CVS Health - Minute Clinic. I waited at CVS for the results then when they called I asked for a hard copy, which they printed out for me. 

The test was free for me due to my advanced age (medicare). I also get my prescriptions filled there so they had all of my insurance information already. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy to help. 

You are amazing, thank you, thank you ! A couple people said EHAS had not replied to their emails. I will go stop by the CVS that does rapid tomorrow and confirm. Would you mind posting where you sent your EHAS question in case anyone has to ask the same ? You are the only person here who has clearly and patiently given this information. I feel much better hearing the process instead of " oh, it's easy", or "I've been to SXM 4 times "  I need testing for dummies 😆

18 minutes ago, FLbeachbaby said:

You are amazing, thank you, thank you ! A couple people said EHAS had not replied to their emails. I will go stop by the CVS that does rapid tomorrow and confirm. Would you mind posting where you sent your EHAS question in case anyone has to ask the same ? You are the only person here who has clearly and patiently given this information. I feel much better hearing the process instead of " oh, it's easy", or "I've been to SXM 4 times "  I need testing for dummies 😆

FYI, I went by a CVS today.  They said only CVS with Minute Clinics do the quick Antigen test.

1 minute ago, caymancouple said:

FYI, I went by a CVS today.  They said only CVS with Minute Clinics do the quick Antigen test.

Sounds right When I call the pharmacy, they don’t do the antigen. It’s only a quick test or pcr. 

I just did a search for COVID test locations online.

https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing

Once I enter my zip code, it takes me to a questionaire that I filled out. Then after I submit it - it pulls up locations. with "rapid result testing". That's what you want. Not drive thru

So try this and maybe there will be success. 

Ohhh-I think when I did that it said drive thru. Geez ok gonna have to go to a CVS, that has the clinic and specifically ask about antigen. Going to re-read that site again. Thanks everyone, we will prevail !!!  

(I hope)

What type of test is performed?

MinuteClinic uses two types of COVID-19 testing to check for active infection. Rapid-result testing locations perform antigen testing, which returns results within hours. Lab testing locations perform PCR/NAAT testing, which typically returns results within 1-2 days (but may be longer in times of peak demand). If you are getting your testing for a specific purpose such as travel, please ensure you are selecting the proper test required by your airline, destination or other requiring organization. Certain travel destinations and airlines do not accept rapid-result testing.

21 hours ago, wesport said:

Sounds right When I call the pharmacy, they don’t do the antigen. It’s only a quick test or pcr. 

Oh my friend Wesport- if we never leave the dock we have spent way too much time on this testing stuff. Ugh, so frustrating !  Florida ports are looking pretty good to me right now.

4 hours ago, FLbeachbaby said:

Oh my friend Wesport- if we never leave the dock we have spent way too much time on this testing stuff. Ugh, so frustrating !  Florida ports are looking pretty good to me right now.

June 26 and July 3 now cancelled. Good Lord. maybe we are worrying for nothing.

While going to lunch yesterday, I noticed a banner in the strip mall which was offering covid 19 testing.Around the corner from where I live.  I went into a spotless office and found out they do a pcr test that they will get results back in two hours. I leave on July 16 at 10:40 am, so we scheduled a pcr on July 13 at 11:00 am. Cost is $145pp(end of day was $125). Lower than the other place I was going($179). I really want to get this part behind me, so spending the money give me peace of mind. They also do rapid antigen for $65.  We will also submit paperwork to insurance to see if they cover the expense. From what I am reading, approval comes back quickly. If approval does not come back quickly , people are emailing or just submitting another form if the first one does not come back right away. Now, I just hope our ship sails on the 17th!!!

Edited by wesport
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So we both got our pcr test today, and received the negative results in 2 hours. All good. Immediately filled out the ehas form with the info and paid $30 pp. Mine came back in 9 minutes. Almost two hours, and my partners has not come back. He got a successful transmission, and was charged on $30 on his cc. I know it says it can take up to twelve hours. I sent a follow up email to ehas for him. This trip just isn’t worth the stress involved . IMHO. 

• Like 2