President Gus Antorcha

rkacruiser

All of us are pleased to learn what this new Executive for HAL has to say.  He has cruise industry experience that the gentleman that sat in his office lacked.  However.  

The person in the HAL hierarchy that still is employed, as far as I know, is the man whom I most respect.  Stein Kruse.  His public voice has been silent for a very long time during the Ashford years and continues today.  His Executive position with Carnival Corporation may not allow for any public comments about HAL.  

I'd be much more likely to believe what I could learn from Mr. Kruse than anything that the recent two newbies to the corner suite in HAL's office building would have to say,  

When Stein Kruse was President of Holland America Group he must have had a big say in hiring Ashford and all of the new policies implemented under Ashford’s reign.

In his his new role at Carnival he also recommended Gus to take over the reigns of Hal. I trust his selection.

So what’s the issue? The present administration cannot answer all our questions or do we feel there holding back?

These are difficult times with difficult solutions. IMO it’s not the management it’s the “Dam” interference this Pandemic has affected in all our lives. 

In the last few weeks there have been serious breakthroughs in getting a restart to cruising. 

Over the years the cruise industry has changed a lot across the board among all the different lines.

Today is today and yesterday is a memory. Do I like all the changes and policies? No!

I trust that Hal’s present leadership will lead us forward. Right now they are not in charge. It’s the Pandemic, governments, ports of call and ultimately the CDC that is running the cruise lines.

Two different opinions but with respect to yours.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

When Stein Kruse was President of Holland America Group he must have had a big say in hiring Ashford and all of the new policies implemented under Ashford’s reign.

In his his new role at Carnival he also recommended Gus to take over the reigns of Hal. I trust his selection.

So what’s the issue? The present administration cannot answer all our questions or do we feel there holding back?

These are difficult times with difficult solutions. IMO it’s not the management it’s the “Dam” interference this Pandemic has affected in all our lives. 

In the last few weeks there have been serious breakthroughs in getting a restart to cruising. 

Over the years the cruise industry has changed a lot across the board among all the different lines.

Today is today and yesterday is a memory. Do I like all the changes and policies? No!

I trust that Hal’s present leadership will lead us forward. Right now they are not in charge. It’s the Pandemic, governments, ports of call and ultimately the CDC that is running the cruise lines.

I think you are correct!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

As a shareholder, I expect experienced and wise leadership at the helm of whatever company in which I invest.  CCL meets that expectation for me.  The HAL division:  I remain to be convinced.  

10 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

It’s the governments, and ultimately the CDC that is running the cruise lines.

Edited this above post as you are aware.

With the passage of the temporary waiver of the PVSA and the statements that I have heard from the Alaska Congressional delegation. the PVSA is under attack even after this waiver expires.  Bipartisan ire has been aroused, I think, when those in Congress learned that were issues from those of us being able to freely cruise from the lower 48 States to our 49th State.  Unanimous passage in both Houses of this waiver says to me if the PVSA is ever going to get changed, the time is now to do so.  

The CDC's control over the cruise lines is coming to an end because of Covid.  I think.  It's a political and economic reality.  I want the scientific knowledge of the CDC's scientists--and not their bureaucrats--to guide the resumption forward of cruising. 

24 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

The present administration cannot answer all your questions or you feel there holding back?

By "present administration" I assume you mean the administration of HAL.  Yes.  More is known than what we are being told.  Does President Gus know more than we do?  Yes, a bit.  I hope.  But, as a corporate shareholder, such incomplete knowledge is not satisfactory to me.  

13 minutes ago, Himself said:

I think you are correct!

Father, the more senior that I become, the more that I question the "wisdom" of those who we expect to know what they are doing.  

22 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

My main point of issue was that Stein Kruse was in charge during the Ashford and many of the changes during Orlando’s term of Presidency.

But please remember it was Arnold Donald who blessed OA's joining HAL, not Stein Kruse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

The more older I get the more I question frustrated Cruise Critic members but will never question your wisdom. 

Just opposite views.

Amen!  Couldn’t have said it any better!  👏

18 hours ago, aliaschief said:

the more I question frustrated Cruise Critic members

A frustrated CC member?  I plead guilty.  A frustrated shareholder of certain Companies whose Corporate Executives make bone-head decisions that even I, as a lowly layman in the industry, would probably have not made.  I vote my proxies in such a way to register my displeasure.  As a small shareholder, you and I both know how much difference that makes!  

18 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Just opposite views.

17 hours ago, idiebabe said:

Amen!  Couldn’t have said it any better!  👏

And, thankfully, opposite views can be stated without rancor from others.  Opposite views provide for an interesting discussion of the issues that are important to those who choose to participate.  

5 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

A frustrated CC member?  I plead guilty.  A frustrated shareholder of certain Companies whose Corporate Executives make bone-head decisions that even I, as a lowly layman in the industry, would probably have not made.  I vote my proxies in such a way to register my displeasure.  As a small shareholder, you and I both know how much difference that makes!  

And, thankfully, opposite views can be stated without rancor from others.  Opposite views provide for an interesting discussion of the issues that are important to those who choose to participate.  

No disrespect intended but you blasted Gus saying he wasn't qualified for the position when you knew nothing about him.  Then you retracted it after you read his qualifications.  Why can't you just give him a chance?   You're entitled to start a discussion but do we need negativity right now!  The Ships haven't even started Sailing after 15 months on pause and we have complaining! We should be celebrating the startup of Cruising again and be happy things are finally starting to get back to normal.   

Book a Cruise, enjoy and be happy that we are almost out of this nightmare of a Pandemic!   Life is short! 

Happy Sailing!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

We should be celebrating the startup of Cruising again and be happy things are finally starting to get back to normal.   

I am.  I greatly anticipate viewing the web cams of Fort Lauderdale and Juneau on sailing days.

41 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

Book a Cruise

That is my intention if I can do so safely for me.

48 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

Life is short! 

More need to better appreciate your statement.

49 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

Happy Sailing!

And, the same to you as well!