Cities of antiquities & Holy Lands question

knoxclone

Never cruised in the Med (have had two cancelled on me 😞!) We are looking at rebooking  and trying Cities of Antiquities itinerary and was wondering whether there are any advantages to cruising in November vs. January. 

I know the weather will be cold(er), regardless and I am ok with that - opinions/experience would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by knoxclone
spelling

We cruised in November and the weather was fantastic!  It is low season and not crowded.  Israel was still quite hot, I can't imagine how hot during summer.  We had rain and chilly weather in Italy but low crowds- even lower with rain.  Got to see so much on our own in Florence- we extended on our own.  We stayed at a farm bed and breakfast in Umbria and were the only guests.  They offered dinner in their restaurant and we dined alone!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, knoxclone said:

Never cruised in the Med (have had two cancelled on me 😞!) We are looking at rebooking  and trying Cities of Antiquities itinerary and was wondering whether there are any advantages to cruising in November vs. January. 

I know the weather will be cold(er), regardless and I am ok with that - opinions/experience would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Have spent many months in the Meddy during those months and the temperatures were very comfortable. Yes, you have an increased chance of experiencing a winter storm, but most of the time we experienced nice weather. Most of our time in the Meddy, the temps increased as we headed East.

As previously noted the ports are considerably less busy. Based on my previous experience, can't think of specific advantages of choosing November or January, other than you can probably expect temps to be a few degrees cooler in January.