Final payment due

stavy

Our final payment is due on the silhouette September 4 2021 sailing. We paid a $900 non refundable deposit. Is there any benefit to pay final payment?  

About 3 weeks ago I made final payment on a 8th August Eclipse.  A week ago I got notice that it has been cancelled, so am taking a 125% FCC.  I believe if you don't make final payment you will not get deposit back  im sure I will be corrected here if I am wrong.  You would also have a full refund option as well, so I would make final payment. Should also mention in my case we owed about 1000$ because of 2 prior cancellations, so it was not a big deal.

Edited by lobsternight

21 hours ago, stavy said:

Our final payment is due on the silhouette September 4 2021 sailing. We paid a $900 non refundable deposit. Is there any benefit to pay final payment?  

Ireland and Iceland cruise out of Southampton?  It might go.  We were on the Silhouette cruise the prior week to Norway which Celebrity cancelled.   Iceland is allowing vaccinated tourists.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Ireland and Iceland cruise out of Southampton?  It might go.  We were on the Silhouette cruise the prior week to Norway which Celebrity cancelled.   Iceland is allowing vaccinated tourists.

Ireland announced yesterday it plans to start allowing vaccinated US tourists as of July 19.  But no news yet from the UK as to when they will allow US tourists.  

On 5/28/2021 at 12:35 PM, stavy said:

If you do not pay final payment, then you can probably cancel yourself prior to final payment and still receive your $900 NR deposit as FCC for cruises departing on or before September 30, 2022 via Celebrity's Cruise with Confidence.

Assuming that you are still interested in sailing if the cruise sails, then getting to sail is an obvious benefit.  And if Celebrity ends up cancelling the cruise then you would probably receive either a 100% cash rebate or a 125% FFC that you could use on any Celebrity Cruise departing on or before September 30, 2022.  Or, if you were to later decide to cancel yourself (up to 48 hours prior to departure,) you would probably still be eligible to receive 100% FCC.

If you no longer are interested in this cruise, then I would recommend you cancel prior to final payment and probably get your $900 FCC rather than tie up additional money just in the hope of getting an extra 25% in FCC if Celebrity were to cancel.

MY ABOVE USE OF PROBABLY is because these are the current rules for current bookings, but there might be different rules for your reservation depending on when it was booked.  Contact your TA or Celebrity rep to be sure what would actually apply to your reservation.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

46 minutes ago, stavy said:

We’ll we ended up cancelling the cruise. Thank you for your replies. Too many what ifs

I receive a final payment due email from celebrity everyday for an august 28, 2021 cruise.  Only problem I canceled it in November 2020 and moved the deposit to a May 2022 cruise.  Looks like the ship will be sailing without me.