More Good News: CDC Approval to Sail from Galveston, Miami AND PORT CANAVERAL!

KmomChicago

13 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Test cruise? I guess that means masks! Ship shore excursions. Etc.

It could be that the Orlando Sentinel got additional information beyond what Carnival's press release said indicating they would be doing test cruises. But the actual press release doesn't say that. It just says "simulated cruise and/or full guest operations".

https://carnival-news.com/2021/05/28/carnival-cruise-line-agreements-with-miami-galveston-and-port-canaveral-gain-cdc-approval-as-restarts-plans-progress/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

It could be that the Orlando Sentinel got additional information beyond what Carnival's press release said indicating they would be doing test cruises. But the actual press release doesn't say that. It just says "simulated cruise and/or full guest operations".

https://carnival-news.com/2021/05/28/carnival-cruise-line-agreements-with-miami-galveston-and-port-canaveral-gain-cdc-approval-as-restarts-plans-progress/

simulated cruise = test cruise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm hoping when the cso lifts nov 1st the cdc goes away with all their rules. Maybe by my dec cruise masks are gone.

Oh ya, that will be a given. By Nov 1st the picture of the whole industry and the impact of vaccinated passengers will be so much clearer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Bevv said:

simulated cruise = test cruise

Agreed. But my point was the press release said "simulated cruise and/or full guest operations", with the "or" implying they might be going to full guest operations without the simulated cruise. Based on the press release alone, you can't tell whether they'll be doing the simulated cruise option or the vaccinated option.

• Like 1