MSC Memorial Day Sale

phissy

19 hours ago, Até said:

The terms state the offer expires June 1st, I can't remember what they did last year.  For some reason I though they let it run for a day or two longer, but I can't say for sure.  I'm sure there will be another sale in the not to distant future.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise-deals/promo-terms-and-conditions

Memorial Day Sale extended to June 7, 2021.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

you don't know that. I am sure different sailings were effected differently.

I do know that, you cannot tell me what I know for a fact. I checked and know 100% so don't be telling me what I know.

5 hours ago, phissy said:

Memorial Day Sale extended to June 7, 2021.

Thats a good strategy for MSC.

At least for Europe sailings, the approx $50 per cabin per day extra charge for unlimited drinks & WiFi will be quite profitable. Not checked other sailings.

5 hours ago, quattrohead said:

Just checked again, same cruise and cabin next door is $400 more than I paid a few weeks ago, so no sale. BTW cabin availability is wide open so they are really NOT selling.

Smoke and mirrors.

Absolutely!

And all cruise lines show only a few cabins (per category) as available, to make potential buyers believe that most cabins are already sold out.

This is done to entice (scare) the customer to book quickly

Last minute cruise deals are great if you live close to a cruise port, don't need to fly and require hotel accommodation. Usually the extra cruise saving gets wiped out by higher air and hotel costs.

21 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Last minute cruise deals are great if you live close to a cruise port, don't need to fly and require hotel accommodation. Usually the extra cruise saving gets wiped out by higher air and hotel costs.

Not if you are getting a 9 night Celebrity Constellation for $910 (instead of $2400) for 2 adults in an Oceanview with $300 OBC or the unlimited alcoholic drinks package free. (this was before Covid)

$910 included all port fees & taxes.

The economy airfare difference for 2 adults is much less than this incredible discount.

Hotels are almost the same price, sometimes cheaper last minute

Edited by drsel