Summit to Alaska

stuckintexas

Who is booked on the first two cruises to Alaska?  We are looking to book on one of these, and looking for everyone’s thoughts.  I would prefer to sail later after we see how it all goes, but due to work, we can’t sail after the end of July (I work for a school district). And I don’t want to wait until next summer!  It’s been almost 2 years since our last cruise and I can’t wait to get back on a ship!!

2 minutes ago, stuckintexas said:

Who is booked on the first two cruises to Alaska?  We are looking to book on one of these, and looking for everyone’s thoughts.  I would prefer to sail later after we see how it all goes, but due to work, we can’t sail after the end of July (I work for a school district). And I don’t want to wait until next summer!  It’s been almost 2 years since our last cruise and I can’t wait to get back on a ship!!

Have a great cruise.  We sailed to Alaska in late August 2019 and it was a fun cruise.  We got to see the Northern Lights on our 2nd night out from Seattle.  That was unexpected and neat.  

Hope you too make some great memories!

Texas. I suggest you go to the roll call board for these cruises. I have been reading several roll calls for various cruises beginning soon. Much info there as well as "meeting" folks on these cruises. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stuckintexas said:

We're on the July 23rd sailing. Did you have a question?

K12Guy & I are on the July 30th sailing along with son & dil - a lift and shift from last year.

Not sure what "thoughts" or reassurances others can assist you with 🤷‍♀️. We're going in with patience and excitment to be cruising again, especially to Alaska (one of our favorite places to visit.) Bummed to be missing Victoria, B.C. this go around but hoping to see bears in Traitors Cove (excursion from Ketchikan which was rained out on our 2019 visit.)

Hope you decide to join in!

9 hours ago, stuckintexas said:

DH and I are booked on the July 30th sailing.  Moved over from the Solstice.  It is going to be a very quiet sailing.  All insides are blocked and lots of OV and Verandahs available to book. Most suites are blocked as well, so assuming they're holding inventory for the move over from Solstice.

This is my 4th Alaskan cruise, so I don't have a lot of plans going into this cruise.  Just looking forward to enjoying being on a ship again, and having someone else cook me dinner for a week.  Gonna sit on my balcony and watch the scenery go by.  Maybe make use of the spa and definitely the Solarium.   Gonna hit up the Martini Bar and enjoy some shows.  I've really missed cruising.

1 hour ago, iamaqt2 said:

D  Just looking forward to enjoying being on a ship again, and having someone else cook me dinner for a week.  Gonna sit on my balcony and watch the scenery go by.  Maybe make use of the spa and definitely the Solarium.   Gonna hit up the Martini Bar and enjoy some shows.  I've really missed cruising.

Amen to that!

• Like 1

If we do end up booking a Summit cruise r/t Seattle this year, we will arrive the day before. 

Based on info regarding the slumming of the city, perhaps we should stay by the airport?

Logistically there are hassles either way since Celebrity berths north of downtown at Pier 91.

I live next door to Seattle, and even I don't go there anymore.  But there are plenty of places to stay pre-cruise without staying downtown.  Check out Bellevue for instance.  Great walkable downtown core with tons of restaurants, shopping and entertainment.  And very clean.

We booked the July 23 sailing!  I’m a little apprehensive about the “new normal” but feel like Celebrity will do everything in their power to keep everyone safe and give a great vacation experience. I know they want to sail as much as we do!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stuckintexas said:

We booked the July 23 sailing!  I’m a little apprehensive about the “new normal” but feel like Celebrity will do everything in their power to keep everyone safe and give a great vacation experience. I know they want to sail as much as we do!!

Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2021 at 8:34 AM, shipshape sam said:

Have a great cruise.  We sailed to Alaska in late August 2019 and it was a fun cruise.  We got to see the Northern Lights on our 2nd night out from Seattle.  That was unexpected and neat.  

This makes me SO happy to hear that it’s at least possible to see the aurora at this time of year! I’m going Sept ‘22 and hoping we might have the same luck! 🤞

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 4:47 AM, TMLAalum said:

If we do end up booking a Summit cruise r/t Seattle this year, we will arrive the day before. 

Based on info regarding the slumming of the city, perhaps we should stay by the airport?

Logistically there are hassles either way since Celebrity berths north of downtown at Pier 91.

We live east of Seattle in Bellevue. Yes Bellevue is a nice area. Seattle may have some problems downtown. Highway 99 at the airport is not a good area. Seattle is a large city. I would stay in the Wallingford area of Seattle off 45th. Nice area and closer to the pier. Also check out the Seattle water front near Pier 66. Nice hotel, restaurants, Olympic Sculpture Park. Take a day cruise with Argosy Cruises.

On 5/31/2021 at 7:34 AM, shipshape sam said:

My adult daughter and I will be on the Millenium leaving Seattle July 30th and can't wait to meet all of you.  Hope to have two to four of you joining us on a private (up to six adults) "Ketchikan Expedition Black Bear Traditor's Cove" excursion.  Go to AlaskaShoreExcursions and ask to join Joanie's group for August 1st if you're interested and let me know.  Should be a fabulous day.  When I've been to Alaska before, seeing the black bears in their natural habitat was the highlight of my cruise.

On 5/31/2021 at 5:08 PM, iamaqt2 said:

DH and I are booked on the July 30th sailing.  Moved over from the Solstice.  It is going to be a very quiet sailing.  All insides are blocked and lots of OV and Verandahs available to book. Most suites are blocked as well, so assuming they're holding inventory for the move over from Solstice.

This is my 4th Alaskan cruise, so I don't have a lot of plans going into this cruise.  Just looking forward to enjoying being on a ship again, and having someone else cook me dinner for a week.  Gonna sit on my balcony and watch the scenery go by.  Maybe make use of the spa and definitely the Solarium.   Gonna hit up the Martini Bar and enjoy some shows.  I've really missed cruising.