Florence: Fishing Lab Alle Murate Question

OhJinkies

I'm booked on a Med cruise for October (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is happening) and one of the ports is Livorno, where I plan to transfer to Florence. I first visited Florence in 2005 and am looking forward to visiting it again.
I'm intrigued by a restaurant there, FISHING LAB Alle Murate at via del Proconsolo 16R.
It's partly an archaeological site/museum, partly a seafood restaurant. The frescoes there include the oldest documented portrait of Dante Alighieri. I'd love to go there for lunch, except that I don't care for fish. I have searched for a menu to see if they offer any dishes that are not seafood, but can't find anything. If you've dined at this restaurant, can you tell me more about the food options?

Thank you!!

18 minutes ago, OhJinkies said:

I'm booked on a Med cruise for October (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is happening) and one of the ports is Livorno, where I plan to transfer to Florence. I first visited Florence in 2005 and am looking forward to visiting it again.
I'm intrigued by a restaurant there, FISHING LAB Alle Murate at via del Proconsolo 16R.
It's partly an archaeological site/museum, partly a seafood restaurant. The frescoes there include the oldest documented portrait of Dante Alighieri. I'd love to go there for lunch, except that I don't care for fish. I have searched for a menu to see if they offer any dishes that are not seafood, but can't find anything. If you've dined at this restaurant, can you tell me more about the food options?

Thank you!!

I haven't dined there but your description intrigued me so I looked them up and perused the website (which it appears you have already done). There is no menu listed, which doesn't surprise me as the concept seems to be that they offer fresh (raw) seafood which you then choose and they cook to order for you.

There is a slim chance of having something on the menu that's not fish related, but no guarantee. Given the write-up, I think you could easily go in and have a look around at the frescoes without committing to lunch. Maybe you walk in pre-lunch and order a glass of wine while you look around. Or go there at some point after lunch and order a dessert, if you feel guilty just looking around. 

42 minutes ago, OhJinkies said:

If you've dined at this restaurant, can you tell me more about the food options?

I have not dined at this restaurant but there are many online reviews here:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187895-d10253125-Reviews-FISHING_LAB_Alle_Murate-Florence_Tuscany.html

Looking at their website, it appears that they do offer some options for those who don't love fish. From their website:

"Lastly, the menu is finished off with a small selection of dishes for non-fish lovers."

https://www.fishinglab.it/en/cuisine/

You might try emailing the restaurant to ascertain the non-fish options. 

Edited by dogs4fun