Kids clubs

cisco 09

Hi everyone. Hoping to book Celebrity Silhouette for a UK cruise. Can anyone tell me how strict they are on ages for the kids club? My eldest granddaughter turns 10 just 2 weeks before we leave which would put her into an older club than her cousins. Is there any flexibility on this ? Many thanks Janice

Someone else will hopefully address Celebrity specifically.  Generally, there is an issue trying to move a kid up a level (which is what most people are asking to do), but down is usually easier as long as there isn't a big age difference.  If you explain that she just turned 10 and is immature for her age, that is an easier task.  I would leave wanting to be with her cousins out of it - they can't accommodate all the passengers who want to keep siblings/families/friends together, so usually don't make changes based on that.   

• Like 1

The kids clubs are more likely to be combined if they are emptier and its easier for them to accommodate changes if the clubs are less full.  It might be too late for this cruise, but in the future if you are flexible, sailing during the school year/on itineraries that don't generally attract families will make this more likely to happen.   On our cruise to Panama Canal leaving on 1/8, there were only 8 kids on board, and Princess helped my 2 year old with everything.  They kept telling me how happy they were he didn't sail on the previous voyage that left over the Xmas holidays since there were 100 kids on board, and they just led the kids through big group activities and couldn't help any of the children individually.    All the kids clubs were combined on our nearly empty voyage, so your child wouldn't have a problem.

If its more crowded, ask them politely when no other parents are around, and hopefully they will choose to accommodate her.  But as noted above there are no guarantees.

It will depend a lot on how many kids are on the cruise.  Our last family cruise there were only 5 kids using the kids club, so everyone was together with a ton of personalized attention.  

• Like 1