New Paragraph in T&C (MSC USA)

Homosassa

I didn't want to bury this in another thread.

While checking the MSC USA website today for updates on cruising, I noticed the links for cancelled cruise and travel advisories that have appeared in red on the top of the page are no longer there.

Curious, I tried to find additional information and checked the Terms and Conditions to see if any thing new has been added (Yes, I do read the T&C for the different cruise lines for which I book a cruise).

I found the following paragraph under the section "Passenger's Responsibilities." I believe that the word "inoculations" is new.

"Passengers must have received all necessary medical inoculations prior to the Cruise and have in their possession all tickets, valid passports, visas, medical cards and any other documents necessary for the scheduled ports of call and disembarkation. "

For those MSC cruises stopping in the Bahamas (note that the private island is in the Bahamas), this paragraph is important for the Bahamian required health visa.  

For seven night cruises where the Bahamian ports of call are the last two days of the cruise, it will not be possible to meet the requirements of the Bahamian government unless one is vaccinated and, for the US citizens, have the original CDC card as specified in the visa requirements. The is no way to meet the non-vaccinated testing requirements and uploading of information once on the ship (embarkation is outside the time limits of the testing requirements).

The three/four night itineraries do fit nicely into the testing and reporting requirements before embarkation (will need the "green" classification to embark).

Interesting as the Meravigilia is doings seven night itineraries where the stops in the Bahamas are on the last full two days of the itineraries.  The Divina and Armonia have the 3-4 day cruises.

Maybe MSC will have two categories of cruises: Vaccinated seven night cruises and the take your chance 3-4 day cruises.

2 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

It would perhaps help if the actual T&Cs were in a different colour to your interpretation of the T&Cs

Not being argumentative but it would certainly help as I soon became lost. Sorry.

I thought the quotation marks set off the paragraph quoted from the T&C.

I hoped that the moderator would delete one of my double posting of the  new topic.

5 minutes ago, sidari said:

How does this fit with International passengers ? Or will the Bahamas no longer be viable for those passengers!

Please check my post on my duplicate thread.  I posted a link to the Bahamas information for the visa.

The visa requirements for international travelers are the same no matter what country. 

• Like 1