Encore to replace the Bliss for 2021 Alaska Cruises?

mianmike

20 hours ago, Tos said:

My cabin was changed. Same basic area, but moved from deck 14 to deck 13. Deck 13 has the medical center. My husband has several medical issues and does not need to see anyone in medical distress. Emailed my TA to see if we can move. Fingers crossed!

On 6/6/2021 at 2:19 PM, Dejlig Ko said:

We are booked in September. I got notice of the ship change and stateroom change (both of which I was happy about; I've been on the Bliss and loved it, but have wanted to try the Encore, and my room was moved to floor I had wanted on the Bliss, so win win). Also got notice that the itinerary would switch Juneau and Icy Point days/times. When they brought the sailing back up for sail, myNCL showed the ship and room change but not the itin change. I can make dining reservations in the Encore specialty dining rooms. So I have to wonder if they are not changing the itin? If not they are selling an itin that those already booked have been advised is different. I will wait til next week and see if any changes then. Just starting to wonder what's going on. 

TY for posting that you made dining reservations. Hubby and I are early eaters and I just grabbed a 6 o'clock and 5:30 reservation. For our two restaurant picks, the earliest available now is 7:30!

On 6/6/2021 at 5:19 PM, Dejlig Ko said:

We are booked in September. I got notice of the ship change and stateroom change (both of which I was happy about; I've been on the Bliss and loved it, but have wanted to try the Encore, and my room was moved to floor I had wanted on the Bliss, so win win). Also got notice that the itinerary would switch Juneau and Icy Point days/times. When they brought the sailing back up for sail, myNCL showed the ship and room change but not the itin change. I can make dining reservations in the Encore specialty dining rooms. So I have to wonder if they are not changing the itin? If not they are selling an itin that those already booked have been advised is different. I will wait til next week and see if any changes then. Just starting to wonder what's going on. 

I am also booked in September and never got any notice of an itinerary change although I have seen people mention it on here. The original itinerary still shows on my NCL account...wondering if they are switching the Juneau and Icy Strait Point days after all?

1 hour ago, redsox1584 said:

I am also booked in September and never got any notice of an itinerary change although I have seen people mention it on here. The original itinerary still shows on my NCL account...wondering if they are switching the Juneau and Icy Strait Point days after all?

I hope they don’t actually. And they are selling shore excursions as well as allowing dining reservations, so I’m hoping we are good. 

12 hours ago, Wink87 said:

My cabin was changed. Same basic area, but moved from deck 14 to deck 13. Deck 13 has the medical center. My husband has several medical issues and does not need to see anyone in medical distress. Emailed my TA to see if we can move. Fingers crossed!

Yay! TA got my original cabin back and a $94 reduction. I'll take it!

• Like 2

The reps can now manually override (or get someone to help do it) the erroneous charges. If you’d rather not wait and hope it gets automatically  sorted before your PIF, you can give them a call. 

Edited by AdoraBelle

On 6/5/2021 at 7:57 AM, Sailing12Away said:

That just doesn't make any sense at all for them to now switch back to the Bliss after having just switched to the Encore. Why piss people off twice in one week?

Too late!  Already pissed!😜

20 hours ago, Dejlig Ko said:

I hope they don’t actually. And they are selling shore excursions as well as allowing dining reservations, so I’m hoping we are good. 

the itinerary has been switched on my NCL account 

3 hours ago, RaftingJeremy said:

What switched?  I’ll be honest I didn’t know what it was before haha 

Yeah, I gave up trying to keep track of the itinerary. As long as I board on the scheduled date, have a cabin, see bits of Alaska, and return on the scheduled date, I’m flexible about the rest of it!

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, coastcat said:

Yeah, I gave up trying to keep track of the itinerary. As long as I board on the scheduled date, have a cabin, see bits of Alaska, and return on the scheduled date, I’m flexible about the rest of it!

Exactly the same for me. 

23 minutes ago, Wink87 said:

On Bliss, our cabin 14770 had bed near bathroom. Does anyone know if it is the same on Encore? TIA

I did a mock booking on another date to find that out for my cabin. ☺️

15 hours ago, Wink87 said:

On Bliss, our cabin 14770 had bed near bathroom. Does anyone know if it is the same on Encore? TIA

image.thumb.png.03ed91ee741740bfa69bd84e0894a383.png

Here is a screenshot for your room on the Encore. Looks like bed is near the balcony.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wink87 said:

Not INC, info!😅

You are welcome! It took me a few bookings before I realized it as well. Now I use that info every time I book a cabin. We prefer the bed by the balcony - it gives us more room near the closet and mirror  to  get dressed and ready to go out.

7 minutes ago, SSFun said:

You are welcome! It took me a few bookings before I realized it as well. Now I use that info every time I book a cabin. We prefer the bed by the balcony - it gives us more room near the closet and mirror  to  get dressed and ready to go out.

Just emailed my TA to change us to 14762. Hoping for a positive response. I sure appreciate you pointing out that bed location is in the description. I totally overlooked that! 

23 minutes ago, Wink87 said:

Just emailed my TA to change us to 14762. Hoping for a positive response. I sure appreciate you pointing out that bed location is in the description. I totally overlooked that! 

Yay! Change made! We would have been so disappointed if we had opened our cabin door and saw the bed by the balcony. TY TY TY!!!!