Encore to replace the Bliss for 2021 Alaska Cruises?

mianmike

42 minutes ago, Wink87 said:

Yay! Change made! We would have been so disappointed if we had opened our cabin door and saw the bed by the balcony. TY TY TY!!!!

You are very welcome! Glad you got it fixed!

9 minutes ago, TerryNJon said:

Trying to do a mock booking to check the bed location for our upcoming cruise and I can’t get my cabin to show in the list. Is there a trick I don’t know about?

Only 15 cabins in a category will show up at one time. Also, obviously make sure you aren't trying to book the same week, since your cabin is already booked!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TerryNJon said:

Trying to do a mock booking to check the bed location for our upcoming cruise and I can’t get my cabin to show in the list. Is there a trick I don’t know about?

Just went thru this.  I tried mock bookings on numerous other cruises with that ship until I found the room I was in(this was a real pain but it worked).  Learned it was by the balcony so switched to one that's by the entrance.  Plus as Jamie noted only 15 cabins are shown at a time making it more difficult.

Edited by davencl

11 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Only 15 cabins in a category will show up at one time. Also, obviously make sure you aren't trying to book the same week, since your cabin is already booked!

Thanks for this, @JamieLogical. I didn't know that. I've been keeping an eye on cabin availability for our upcoming Norwegian Sky cruise and several of the Inside cabin categories show exactly 15 cabins available. I thought it was odd they hadn't changed since I began tracking them on June 1.

1 minute ago, RaftingJeremy said:

You all really care where your bed is in the room? Interesting  

I usually prefer the bed be closer to the balcony, because there is more room in front of the closet to get dressed/ready when changing to go to the pool, dinner, excursions, etc. But My biggest priority is always to get an angled balcony, so I will happily accept a bed by the closet if it means I get my bigger balcony!

• Like 1

One of the few advantages with the Epic cabins is that you can work out where the bed is based on where the outward curve is on the deck plan.  I actually prefer to have my bed near the balcony so that it doesn't seem take up the whole room when you walk in.

7 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I usually prefer the bed be closer to the balcony, because there is more room in front of the closet to get dressed/ready when changing to go to the pool, dinner, excursions, etc. But My biggest priority is always to get an angled balcony, so I will happily accept a bed by the closet if it means I get my bigger balcony!

This is literally the last thing that would ever even go through my mind.  Hahaha 

2 minutes ago, RaftingJeremy said:

This is literally the last thing that would ever even go through my mind.  Hahaha 

You obviously haven't had to share a cabin with my husband.... he changes like four times a day on a cruise and is not a small person. Hard to work around when trying to get to my stuff in the closet! 😋

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

You obviously haven't had to share a cabin with my husband.... he changes like four times a day on a cruise and is not a small person. Hard to work around when trying to get to my stuff in the closet! 😋

Well thankfully you’re correct. I haven’t had

to deal with him in a room hahaha.  

On 6/11/2021 at 7:03 AM, RaftingJeremy said:

My husband is on oxygen 24/7 and cpap with it at night. This requires an extension cord and enough feet of hose for him to move about freely. It is safer for me to sleep on the side of the bed closest to the bathroom so I don't trip over cords or hoses if I have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. So ya, we really care.

On 6/11/2021 at 7:03 AM, RaftingJeremy said:

We care because we like to be able to sit on the couch or chairs, cabin depending, and see the ocean through the balcony while we are in the cabin. Sitting on the bed is not so comfortable for folks with back and/or hip issues. Not a deal breaker, but definitely a preference.

• Like 1