Nationwide Cruise Insurance- Itinerary Change Question

Hello,

For my cruise coming up this Saturday, I just got a notice that the itinerary is changing. HOWEVER, it's still the same ports just different days. Will this still fall under the itinerary change insurance?  I've included screenshots from my policy. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 12.09.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 12.11.21 PM.png

27 minutes ago, foggyphils said:

Hello,

For my cruise coming up this Saturday, I just got a notice that the itinerary is changing. HOWEVER, it's still the same ports just different days. Will this still fall under the itinerary change insurance?  I've included screenshots from my policy. 

Your policy says it will pay for a documented change in a Port of Call. It does not say it will pay for a change in the order in which you visit the ports. I think it has to be an entirely different port from one listed in the itinerary.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, foggyphils said:

Hello,

Hi foggyphils,

Did you already ask whoever you bought your policy from? And, make sure that they help you should you have to file a claim.

Steve Dasseos

3 hours ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi foggyphils,

Did you already ask whoever you bought your policy from? And, make sure that they help you should you have to file a claim.

Steve Dasseos

I've emailed them but waiting on a response

On 6/2/2021 at 8:38 PM, Babr said:

The language in the policy is not as clear as it could be - at least for a layman like me.

Hi Babr,

The main reason I intentionally don't offer as many travel insurance plans as others do is their vague policy language. In my opinion, it's a claim nightmare waiting to happen because vague wording often favors the company over the customer in a claim.

I prefer to sleep peacefully knowing with plans I trust over making money from every company that is willing to pay me a commission.

Steve Dasseos

• Thanks 1