Virtuosa Cabin Choice Advice

Staffordshirecruiser

Hi, any advice on whether to book 13247 or 13386 on Virtuosa next week. These are both Fantastica?  There are also some well positioned Aurea cabins midships on deck 11 which are £500 more, not sure what you get for the extra though - some of the experience eg drinks are already included in Fantastica for the UK sailings?

13247 is a connecting cabin with 249 therefore there MAY be noise issues, 13386 is an aft cabin with a larger balcony. Both are a fairly long walk from the nearest lifts especially 386. If that isn’t an issue, personally I would opt for the aft cabin.

All UK bookings receive the premium drinks package which includes drinks up to £10, this can be upgraded to premium plus if required. We found the included DP to be perfectly adequate. I wouldn’t pay £500 more for an Aurea cabin, just not worth it IMO.

9 hours ago, CaroleC said:

13247 is a connecting cabin with 249 therefore there MAY be noise issues, 13386 is an aft cabin with a larger balcony. Both are a fairly long walk from the nearest lifts especially 386. If that isn’t an issue, personally I would opt for the aft cabin.

All UK bookings receive the premium drinks package which includes drinks up to £10, this can be upgraded to premium plus if required. We found the included DP to be perfectly adequate. I wouldn’t pay £500 more for an Aurea cabin, just not worth it IMO.

1 hour ago, Bigjennifer said:

Can you help booked 9275 at back of ship. Near lifts, have bean told Lifts are just for staff, My husband uses a stick, if lifts  are not for us then it’s a long walk.

Unfortunately it could be a bit of a walk the nearest lifts are around 9197. 

https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/Discover-MSC/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Virtuosa/Deckplan.aspx

It is possible that Decks 8 & 9 may not be used according to posters on this forum and you could be moved. Apparently they were not used for the 1 st  sailing,    Suggest contact your TA or MSC if booked direct if you think the distance may be an annoyance  to your cruise.

Edited by LifeonMars

5 hours ago, Bigjennifer said:

Can you help booked 9275 at back of ship. Near lifts, have bean told Lifts are just for staff, My husband uses a stick, if lifts  are not for us then it’s a long walk.

The aft lifts are definitely not for pax use, in fact they can’t even be seen from the corridors nearby. The nearest lifts are midship and it is indeed a fairly long walk to the stern especially for someone with walking difficulties. 

As LifeonMars has said, deck 9 was not used on the first sailing, nor was it on the next one departing 24th May. I was on that sailing and my cabin was reassigned by MSC from deck 9 to deck 12 a week before departure. Unfortunately, the cabin we were allocated was much further aft than the one we had chosen on deck 9. I would suggest doing a dummy booking on the website to see which cabins are still available in your category on a higher deck then contact either your TA or MSC direct and request a move to one of your own choosing.

54 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

As LifeonMars has said, deck 9 was not used on the first sailing, nor was it on the next one departing 24th May. I was on that sailing and my cabin was reassigned by MSC from deck 9 to deck 12 a week before departure. Unfortunately, the cabin we were allocated was much further aft than the one we had chosen on deck 9. I would suggest doing a dummy booking on the website to see which cabins are still available in your category on a higher deck then contact either your TA or MSC direct and request a move to one of your own choosing.

decks 8 and 9 weren't used on the 28th sailing either - i got moved from an obstructed balcony on deck 8 up to an unobstructed on deck 11...  I was very happy as I'd tried to move a couple of times with no luck

44 minutes ago, tesni said:

Hi, looking at the deck plan would you say it's possible to walk from cabin 14022 to 14033 via the route shown? Thanks.

Virtuosa.jpg

It would certainly appear so looking at the deck plan. Unfortunately, these are not always totally accurate, perhaps someone who has sailed in a cabin in that area would know for sure. Or you could post on the roll call of tomorrow’s departure and ask if anybody would mind going and having a look for you.

Edited by CaroleC
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tesni said:

Hi, looking at the deck plan would you say it's possible to walk from cabin 14022 to 14033 via the route shown? Thanks.

Virtuosa.jpg

You will be able to cross at the point you have marked out because it also gives access to the stairs and lifts because you cannot go beyond 14031 and 14020 due to the doors to the Yacht club.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sidari said:

You will be able to cross at the point you have marked out because it also gives access to the stairs and lifts because you cannot go beyond 14031 and 14020 due to the doors to the Yacht club.

Ohhh, thank you for that.

• Like 1