Light Rail from SEA to Sheraton Downtown

Suzanne123

44 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

Yes, I’ve reconsidered.  After flying since 6am, I think we’re just going to get a cab.

Hopefully that's from the airport and not the light rail station. It's an easy 2 block walk between the Westlake Station and the Sheraton.

Yes, from the airport. 😊

But if it’s “easy” then maybe it will depend on the weather.  I do remember a long walk from baggage claim to the train, but as I recall, lots of room for luggage.  

Plus, you can’t beat the price, $3 or $1 with a Senior Orca Card.  If you can hike to the Link station then you can hike to the hotel. Be prepared for the weather, after all you probably are heading to Alaska and it can be rainy there too.

Am I correct in assuming I can obtain a RRFP (Regional Reduced Fare Permit) by mail ahead of time and then purchase a $1 ticket at the light rail station at the airport as well as at the station downtown for a return?  In reading up on ORCA cards, they require a $5 minimum load which is more than we would need.

On 6/11/2021 at 1:45 PM, FredZiffle said:

Am I correct in assuming I can obtain a RRFP (Regional Reduced Fare Permit) by mail ahead of time and then purchase a $1 ticket at the light rail station at the airport as well as at the station downtown for a return?  In reading up on ORCA cards, they require a $5 minimum load which is more than we would need.

I get to Seattle about once a year, I have had an regular Orca card for 10 years, just got my reduced fare Orca card by mail, you just need to send a photo copy of your drivers license (which they return with the card). You can use the card for ferries also (walk on) the monorail and buses too. The reduced fare card is free but if you lose it there is a charge to replace it.  For me it is no different the my DC Metro card I use maybe once a year and my London Oyster card I used only once.

• Like 1