FL cruise preparations move into high gear

Cienfuegos

Although the discussions over the "Covid-19 vaccination passport" continue to sputter, cruise lines have begun preparations to run trial cruises to demonstrate and test operational awareness. The publicity machine has TV reporters on board ships, interviewing cruise line officials, etc.  Governor Ron DeSantis has banned the use of vaccination passports in Florida, but it seems there is no other manageable way to meet guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control. CDC has issued various rules for cruise operators which are dependent on the % of passengers and crew who have been vaccinated.

This article summarizes (as of June 3) where the principal lines stand in their prep

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2021/06/03/heres-how-soon-royal-caribbean-cruise-ships-could-set-sail-from-florida-ports/

• Like 1

Thank you for posting this information!  

In the last paragraph of the story, this statement attracted my attention.

According to the State...."Floridians' medical privacy is protected by Florida law...."  

As a citizen of Ohio, does such a Florida law apply to me as a visitor to Florida?  

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 3:26 PM, rkacruiser said:

Thank you for posting this information!  

In the last paragraph of the story, this statement attracted my attention.

According to the State...."Floridians' medical privacy is protected by Florida law...."  

As a citizen of Ohio, does such a Florida law apply to me as a visitor to Florida?  

I've seen that quote in many press releases and its very oddly worded.  Thanks Gov DeSantis, but I have my own governor looking out for me....I'm good.  

• Like 1