Carnival Horizon July 10th cruise no longer listed on Carnival website.

tinmanp7

I’m going to go out on a limb and say I think it is not canceled. I suspect carnival is having to limit the number of passengers on the first couple of cruises at least. I have seen on Facebook where people tried to book the July 4 cruise a couple of days ago and were told there was no space available.

John Heald seems to be very aware that those two cruises were no longer on the website and he says it isn’t canceled. If it actually was canceled, I can’t imagine them still allowing people to be able to book excursions, make payments, reserve dinners etc.

Also, Royal Caribbean has announced cancellation of several cruises, yet they are still pushing forward with cruises out of Florida in July. However, they are not making all passengers be vaccinated which is probably what will happen with our cruise. 

• Like 3

Curious for those booking July cruises on any ship, is Carnival even mentioning vaccine only passengers with no children under 12 or are they booking everyone? Per Christine Duffy's comments yesterday, it seems at least all early cruises will be vaccinated only with no kids under 12.  Seems if that's the case, and they've booked these ships with all takers, there's going to be a real mess in the next few weeks with a lot of unhappy people and families.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Texbam said:

Curious for those booking July cruises on any ship, is Carnival even mentioning vaccine only passengers with no children under 12 or are they booking everyone? Per Christine Duffy's comments yesterday, it seems at least all early cruises will be vaccinated only with no kids under 12.  Seems if that's the case, and they've booked these ships with all takers, there's going to be a real mess in the next few weeks with a lot of unhappy people and families.

We are booked on the horizon on 7/24 and my youngest is 10 so obviously not vaccinated. 

• Like 1

My August 2021 cruise on the Pride to Bermuda has been off the website for a few months now, but hasn't been cancelled (yet).  My PVP said it was due to capacity issues - so I would feel that of course the first couple Carnival cruises in July would fill to capacity as well.

• Like 3

Just now, carolinablonde81 said:

My August 2021 cruise on the Pride to Bermuda has been off the website for a few months now, but hasn't been cancelled (yet).  My PVP said it was due to capacity issues - so I would feel that of course the first couple Carnival cruises in July would fill to capacity as well.

That's what I’m hearing from other people. 

• Like 3

This cruise was removed from booking last November and the only activity was people canceling until a few weeks ago.  I called to change my stateroom a few days ago and Inwas told the cruise was close to selling out so I am not surprised that it was removed.

• Like 1

Just now, regoodwinjr said:

This cruise was removed from booking last November and the only activity was people canceling until a few weeks ago.  I called to change my stateroom a few days ago and Inwas told the cruise was close to selling out so I am not surprised that it was removed.

Glad I got the interior room with a sofa bed & port hole windows (that’s an OCEANVIEW on other cruise lines! lol) when I did then! 

• Like 2

I know one issue is Bonaire isn't open to Americans right now and Aruba is testing everyone, regardless of vaccination status. and they are right of the coast of South America with Brazil not that far away (relatively speaking). They may have to substitute or cancel ports. Either is fine with me.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Heather1972 said:

They can substitute with Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay IMO 😃

I told my husband our ship can go and turn circles around in the Atlantic for 7 days, as long as I got to go on a cruise.  We have serious doubts about being able to actually go to Bermuda - but that just means we'll have to book another cruise to go there, right?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I know one issue is Bonaire isn't open to Americans right now and Aruba is testing everyone, regardless of vaccination status. and they are right of the coast of South America with Brazil not that far away (relatively speaking). They may have to substitute or cancel ports. Either is fine with me.

Celebrity Millennium is on it's way now to Aruba and Curacao so not going to be an issue.  They can swap out Bonaire for Curucao which wouldn't would be better since that was what I originally booked.

• Like 1