NCL Encore Captain/Cruise Director

I don’t know if he is still with the Encore but it was Captain Niklas Persson before the Covid shutdown.

He’s been keeping his navigation skills sharp by helping shoppers find parking spots at the mall in Seattle.  I caught a glimpse of him just the other day.

geico-captain-ahab-looks-for-parking-small-4.jpg.dc9874f826f3567143788931b5523e23.jpg

Speculation is that it's either Francesco Schettino or if he's still behind bars, back to Cap'n Crunch again. FDR would probably make a good cruise director, it's hilarious the way he runs NCLH.

IOW, I have no idea.

Edited by CroozFanatic

9 hours ago, Jenjohncourt said:

Does anyone know who will be the Captain or Cruise Director for the Encore in August? So excited to be able to cruise again!!!

Thanks!

Jenny

I do believe it will be Captain Martin. 

• Like 1

I know of a number of Senior staff members who have either decided to retire or found other jobs and are not coming back.  Almost impossible to say which crew member will be where in a certain timeframe right now.  There have also been a number of crew members who have died from COVID-19 or its complications.  Very glad I am not the people trying to figure out ship itineraries or crew placement right now.

5 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Since Captain Niklas is currently Captain, I am assuming that Captain Martin should be on in early August.

We sailed with Captain Niklas Persson a few years ago on the Escape.  What is Captain Martin's full name?

17 minutes ago, cruiservictor said:

We sailed with Captain Niklas Persson a few years ago on the Escape.  What is Captain Martin's full name?

Captain Martin Holmqvist.  I am not sure where he calls home.

48 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Captain Martin Holmqvist.  I am not sure where he calls home.

Thanks for the quick reply.  We are doing B2B on the Encore (9/11 and 9/18) and it would be nice to see Capt. Persson again, but we will just have to wait and see.