What’s unique about the Epic...besides the bathroom?

ljk76

2 hours ago, firstimer2009 said:

@YinsterSince you love Epic I have a question.  I have read so many pros/cons of the bed situation.  This is my first time on Epic and on other cruises I like to sit by the couch near the balcony while the hubby takes a nap on the bed.  Is the bed by the door/sink really that bad? 

Afraid I can't answer that as we didn't have that issue staying in the Haven. Having said that, I do believe normal cabins alternate so the bed is beside the balcony and  the next cabin, the sofa is depending how the curve is in the cabin.

You can always pull the curtain between the door/sink and the main part of the cabin.

Some people say the bed by the door makes the room feel claustrophobic to them.  I think the cabins feel small regardless of where the bed is.  Having the bed by the door does make it considerably tighter by the sink.  I prefer to have the bed by the balcony.

We loved the Epic. Had an anniversary on her in 2018 and getting married on her with our friends and family in 2022.

I agree she can be a bit inward looking without a real promenade deck or observation lounge, but there's plenty of outdoor space to enjoy. The Spice H2O bar area is HUGE, perfect for sailaways, and there's a great quiet sunbathing area on Deck 18 on the opposite side of the ship to POSH.

The spa is incredible too, having used many many ship spas I have to say that Epic's is hands down the best. Outward facing glass saunas and the spa even has its own aft-facing balcony area with padded loungers. 

One of my favourite little "secrets" about Epic is the bar in between Cagneys and Modern. It's an old fashioned martini bar that's always pretty quiet as it's often not mentioned on ship directories. Perfect place for a nice quiet Manhattan. 

• Thanks 1

This would come under the heading "First World Problems."  😂

The drink holder on the seats in the Epic's theater is angled downward.  If you put your glass of wine in the holder you better keep a hand on it or over it goes.  This aggravated my sister.  Also if you had a drink like a White Russian that is served in a short glass it would disappear in the drink holder.  This aggravated my wife.

IMG_0243_1.thumb.jpg.2d333ad26a60e48c79d5468a15f7d4ea.jpg

IMG_0244_1.thumb.jpg.43c25d1ad2d965c2ba019459f0d77dec.jpg

2 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

This would come under the heading "First World Problems."  😂

The drink holder on the seats in the Epic's theater is angled downward.  If you put your glass of wine in the holder you better keep a hand on it or over it goes.  This aggravated my sister.  Also if you had a drink like a White Russian that is served in a short glass it would disappear in the drink holder.  This aggravated my wife.

IMG_0243_1.thumb.jpg.2d333ad26a60e48c79d5468a15f7d4ea.jpg

IMG_0244_1.thumb.jpg.43c25d1ad2d965c2ba019459f0d77dec.jpg

Actually, in rough seas, when the bow pitches up, it levels your drink. Masterful design by NCL. 😁

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

No promenade deck either. The top deck was the only place to go outside.

There is a promenade deck, but the lifeboats obstruct the view of the ocean. There are a couple of spots between boats where you can look out. This was the thing I disliked the most about Epic. The other thing I didn't like was the curvy sofa. But overall, I really enjoyed our time on the ship. We enjoyed having breakfast downstairs from the buffet in La Cucina. This was the only ship I have been on with that option.