Prima World Points upgrade now availanle

7 minutes ago, mi-oh-tx said:

We are booked on Prima for the Copenhagen -Norway- Southhampton cruise.  What are World Points?

thanks!

From the NCL credit card, only available in the US.

There was another thread about this topic. A few of us have been trying for weeks to do the upgrade with points. It appears their system is not allowing it yet, as the ship is still being built. We were told to call back every couple of weeks to check if the system was allowing it yet. 

Yes, I had started a thread a while back to notify people about the problem.

thenstrange thing was the lady said, “ oh yes, the problem is fixed” and we went through the motions.  Happy me!  Then she called me back immediately and said her supervisor said there were no “upgradeable balconies” available.

so well just keep checking back.

2 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Yes, I had started a thread a while back to notify people about the problem.

thenstrange thing was the lady said, “ oh yes, the problem is fixed” and we went through the motions.  Happy me!  Then she called me back immediately and said her supervisor said there were no “upgradeable balconies” available.

so well just keep checking back.

I hope she meant there are up upgradable balconies YET! 😀

8 minutes ago, Linsuesue said:

8 minutes ago, Linsuesue said:

When I spoke to my PCC two weeks ago about the situation she said there were hundreds of bal+omies available.  My guess is that they just haven’t figured out how to manage the new ship.    I’m going to call daily (did I mention, I’m a wee bit anal?) until somebody gives me a balcony.  DH, the cabin master, gave me a list of acceptable cabins, so I’m prepared for battle.   I have had two or three instances over the years where I asked for a cabin, which I was entitled to by booking category, and was told that wasn’t on the list.  On those sailings all of their “available” cabins were in less than desirable locations.   But most of the time, any available cabin was fine.   I don’t quite get their thinking, although I’m sure BoA would probably love to upgrade us all to less desirous cabins.   If this rocks on too much longer, I’ll call my PCC, who is terrific and see what wisdom she has to share about this.

25 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

When I spoke to my PCC two weeks ago about the situation she said there were hundreds of bal+omies available.  My guess is that they just haven’t figured out how to manage the new ship.    I’m going to call daily (did I mention, I’m a wee bit anal?) until somebody gives me a balcony.  DH, the cabin master, gave me a list of acceptable cabins, so I’m prepared for battle.   I have had two or three instances over the years where I asked for a cabin, which I was entitled to by booking category, and was told that wasn’t on the list.  On those sailings all of their “available” cabins were in less than desirable locations.   But most of the time, any available cabin was fine.   I don’t quite get their thinking, although I’m sure BoA would probably love to upgrade us all to less desirous cabins.   If this rocks on too much longer, I’ll call my PCC, who is terrific and see what wisdom she has to share about this.

It looks to me like the cheapest lowest category of balconies showing are all on deck 9. There are a ton of them on deck 9! Since we don’t have a full layout map of the ship it makes it harder to figure out a more desirous location for me. I am going to keep calling too, because I booked an inside planning to upgrade that to a balcony. I would also like to know if my cruise is the final one of the season and the cruise after mine is a transatlantic. Thanks for keeping me in your loop!

On 6/7/2021 at 1:39 PM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I tried to upgrade to a balcony today with my points, and the computer still wouldn’t allow it yet. I will keep trying back every week. 

On 6/7/2021 at 4:11 PM, Linsuesue said:

It looks to me like the cheapest lowest category of balconies showing are all on deck 9. There are a ton of them on deck 9! Since we don’t have a full layout map of the ship it makes it harder to figure out a more desirous location for me. I am going to keep calling too, because I booked an inside planning to upgrade that to a balcony. I would also like to know if my cruise is the final one of the season and the cruise after mine is a transatlantic. Thanks for keeping me in your loop!

I have a full cabin layout.  I’ll have to find the link to it and post it here. Stay tuned!

Quick update as of 6/10 when I attempted to a do double meta upgrade on my Prima sailing, it bombed out. The rep tells me IT dept. sent out email that it was fixed. They put an expedited ticket in to IT. They said they would call me back. We will see about that.

• Like 1

Tried again this morning.  No luck.  They did offer me a BB on deck ten, but they had no balconies available above deck ten.   She put the points back in my account and I will try again later.   She said, like all the others, that they received notice that all was ready to go - obviously not.

On 6/9/2021 at 4:59 PM, jrbeccles said:

Can you use NCL card master points for OBC on the ships? 

Yes, you can.  I don’t know if they are available at this time on the Prima, though.  If you go to the rewards page on BoAs site you can see the redemption values.  But here’s some food for thought.   Any charges to NCL with your MasterCard will get you double points, so the best use of your points would be to pay your account with your MC, then file for cash back and,pay off the onboard charges.

One more thing that happened today.  The rep asked me all the usual questions, name address, reservation number, phone number DOB of both occupants.  Then she asked for the CC number and asked me for the points in the account.  I knew roughly what I had but she said no, it had to be the exact amount.  Huh?  Never ever been asked that before.  So, I had to go to my iPad, log in to BoA and give her the exact amount.  Anyone else have that happen?    Last week the guy asked me my middle name, although it’s not on my account anywhere.  That was a first, too.

On 6/7/2021 at 5:11 PM, Linsuesue said:

I would also like to know if my cruise is the final one of the season and the cruise after mine is a transatlantic. Thanks for keeping me in your loop!

The TA is sailing from London on 9/23/2022 to New York then to TX for the 10/31 sailing to Miami where it will sail for months. I too tried to use World points but after seeing cost difference I decided to keep the points

Steve

12 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

The TA is sailing from London on 9/23/2022 to New York then to TX for the 10/31 sailing to Miami where it will sail for months. I too tried to use World points but after seeing cost difference I decided to keep the points

Steve

I am booked in 2023 though. We disembark on October 1st. I am presuming the weather will get much colder around then so they will sail the Prima back to the United States.  It is my hope that will happen, as I have never done a back to back and would love to do a TA too.  

6 hours ago, Linsuesue said:

I am booked in 2023 though. We disembark on October 1st. I am presuming the weather will get much colder around then so they will sail the Prima back to the United States.  It is my hope that will happen, as I have never done a back to back and would love to do a TA too.  

I knew that.  I think I mistook you for another poster who is sailing in 2022. I need a cruise to clear my head.😁

Steve

• Haha 1

Hallelujah!!!    We have a cabin!   Finally was able to do my upgrade.  Got a delightful young lady who was able to navigate the system and between her and her supervisor they made it happen.  Although I got the only B-4 they had available on deck 15 🤔   Hmmm, makes me wonder what on earth is going on.  But, at least we are upgraded and I can move on to other things.

happy day, all

40 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Although I got the only B-4 they had available on deck 15 🤔   Hmmm, makes me wonder what on earth is going on.

I wonder too. A couple weeks ago for an Encore sailing I booked IA wanting to go to BA and was not allowed to. Only was able to go to BB. I then wanted my IA repriced to a IB since it was useless paying for IA.  Turns out prices went up so it would have cost me more. I thought it was a "cross" meta???

Not a close across.

Steve

There seem to be some strange things happening.   In the past you could book any available cabin.  But now there are only designated cabins.   Hmmm.   Twice in the last year (out of 5 or 6 upgrades) they gave me a list of available to upgrade cabins and they would not have been my first choice,although some were not too bad.  Also, and this is new, you had to book the highest OV to upgrade to a BA.   So on this cruise I had to go to book a O4 in order to be upgradeable, so today’s issue was I HAD to book a B4, when. BA or BB would have been fine but said I couldn’t do that you have to book exact meta jump cabin.   Jeez.   But that’s what my lady said, the next guy could have an entirely different story.

22 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

There seem to be some strange things happening.   In the past you could book any available cabin.  But now there are only designated cabins.   Hmmm.   Twice in the last year (out of 5 or 6 upgrades) they gave me a list of available to upgrade cabins and they would not have been my first choice,although some were not too bad.  Also, and this is new, you had to book the highest OV to upgrade to a BA.   So on this cruise I had to go to book a O4 in order to be upgradeable, so today’s issue was I HAD to book a B4, when. BA or BB would have been fine but said I couldn’t do that you have to book exact meta jump cabin.   Jeez.   But that’s what my lady said, the next guy could have an entirely different story.

I called today to get my double meta upgrade from a 1F to a BF. Previously, I have talked to 3 different people to try to get this done, but the computers would not allow it. Today when I called, they said my room had already been upgraded and she gave me the new cabin number. I was so surprised that they did that and didn’t send me a notice or anything. Maybe it just happened. I ended up picking a different room and had my choice of many on that floor on both sides of the ship. I am thrilled to have a balcony to Iceland!👏😀🛳🎉