A couple of very specific new-cruiser questions

goofysmom99

I believe in A cabins it’s standard now to get some freebies concerning having your laundry done.  It does take 3 days to get it returned but with some planning it’s a pretty nice perk.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Thank you. I like food better than laundry - aft it is.

Which brings me to a laundry question.  I don't like to do laundry on vacation unless there's no other option.  Does O have a paid laundry service available?  I'd only want it once or twice for PJs and bloomers.  I save worn out unseen stuff that's ready to be tossed and don't bring it back home.  After living in "loungewear" for the past year, I'm definitely well stocked for the next trip.

Yes they have paid laundry  or as stated if you are in Concierge or above you get  3 free bags of 20 items per bag 

I do not mind  doing mine   as it is done MY way

the laundry room is free  & they supply the soap

• Thanks 1

Absolutely do have laundry and pressing services available, as well as Free Launderette. One added perk of Concierge level is three Free bags of laundry (folded not pressed) during your cruise.  Just a little thing but a necessity and appreciated. As a dutiful husband, I still make the trek to the laundry for the washing of the undergarments and quick need items. About 25 minutes to wash and 45 to dry and is now Free as they used to charge about $2 a load. I drop in and catch up on all the ship life scuttle but from the ladies and surprisingly large number of men there. Yes there is seating and a TV and liquid soap is provided, bring your own dryer sheets. 
Ciao,

Gerry, dutiful husband of 50+ 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am also considering Oceania after many Celebrity cruises. I was wondering how the Internet access worked. The description for a Veranda cabin says: 

• Wireless Internet access and cellular service

Can I conclude from this that internet service on the cruise is complimentary?

thanks

1 minute ago, p18750 said:

I am also considering Oceania after many Celebrity cruises. I was wondering how the Internet access worked. The description for a Veranda cabin says: 

thanks

Each cabin receives one free internet account but can only have one device logged in at a time......not ever been a problem for us to share an account

18 minutes ago, basor said:

Each cabin receives one free internet account but can only have one device logged in at a time......not ever been a problem for us to share an account

If you do need a second account, I believe the charge is about $25 a day. I might not have the right daily rate, but I do remember it being quite pricey.

2 hours ago, p18750 said:

thanks

In addition to what others have have said, cellular service, while available,  is not included, unless  you can connect through WiFi calling.

If you are booked in Concierge or higher, you receive Free Laundry service, wash not pressed. Our last trip was 3 bags but we were on 30 days in a PH so it could be fewer bags. The Self service laundry is Free also for everyone. 

5 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

If you are booked in Concierge or higher, you receive Free Laundry service, wash not pressed. Our last trip was 3 bags but we were on 30 days in a PH so it could be fewer bags. The Self service laundry is Free also for everyone. 

Even 10 day  cruises get the 3 bags ..20 items per bag

I am surprised you only got 3  for 30 days

Were there no segments ??

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

Did you ask your butler for replacement bags?  We did, and he brought them to us.

43 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Did you ask your butler for replacement bags?  We did, and he brought them to us.

Do you get special bags in PH?

We had the  usual laundry bag in A  cabin  I only sent  DH heavy jeans out once   &  a new bag appeared in the closet

11 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Do you get special bags in PH?

We had the  usual laundry bag in A  cabin  I only sent  DH heavy jeans out once   &  a new bag appeared in the closet

Not a specific bag, but a specific order sheet for the free laundry.

4 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Not a specific bag, but a specific order sheet for the free laundry.

Thanks  I only used the free bag once   so never checked the form again  😉

You are correct, 14 and 16 day segments so there were 3 on each segment.  Butler took care of everything. I just wanted to make the point that O does provide Laundry services at no cost in Concierge and Up level.  
Always check the Amenities List by Stateroom level to be sure what you qualify for.  A LOT of Value is loaded into those increased Stateroom levels.  
Gerry 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

You are correct, 14 and 16 day segments so there were 3 on each segment.  Butler took care of everything. I just wanted to make the point that O does provide Laundry services at no cost in Concierge and Up level.  
Always check the Amenities List by Stateroom level to be sure what you qualify for.  A LOT of Value is loaded into those increased Stateroom levels.  
Gerry 

You seem to be a O newbie like me!  What Gerry says is spot on in my two weeks on here, she and others have given me some great suggestions.  I’ve a Regatta Alaska booked now.  Also deciding to either do a waitlist for an amazing itinerary or just book one that has availability in the suite I really want.  Decisions decisions…

@LGW59

VERY easy decision, DO BOTH. It is only a fully refundable Depo$it and then make a decision when the time is right.  You/We have no idea about the movement of Waitlists and sometimes TA’s can even get you a Guaranteed Category Reservation and then Oceania will handle the rest prior to your sailing. If you are holding out for a specific stateroom, 🙏 because you normally can only pull that off when the itineraries are released.  If your plan is to just get on the cruise and a stateroom level, book it then add a Waitlist request to move to different rooms or levels. We have done that many times.

Hope  that helps the “decisions, decisions”, decision?

Gerry

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mauibabes said:

You are correct, 14 and 16 day segments so there were 3 on each segment.  Butler took care of everything.

Thanks for clarifiying

It sounded like you only got 3 for the full 30 days 

which would have  been  incorrect