Princess Medallion App - Canadians

RLK33853

Anyone able to download the new Princess Medallion App?  I deleted my outdated ones and now can't find the new app in the Play Store.  Is is called something else, or just isn't available in Canada as of yet?

Even though this is Princess specific, I thought I would try here first due to this maybe being an issue specific to Canadians.

thanks

Ray

6 minutes ago, RLK33853 said:

Anyone able to download the new Princess Medallion App?  I deleted my outdated ones and now can't find the new app in the Play Store.  Is is called something else, or just isn't available in Canada as of yet?

Even though this is Princess specific, I thought I would try here first due to this maybe being an issue specific to Canadians.

thanks

Ray

If you have an iPhone, go to App Store its call MedalionClass. Developer is Global Experience Innovators. 

Nope, Android.  A post on the Princess board notes that the Google Play store removed the APP this weekend due to extensive problems.  A possible fix is to download it from the Princess App.

• 2 weeks later...

This is rather interesting, we have booked an East Coast Canada cruise for late August early September next year. We have never sailed on Princess and this whole medallion thing has got me concerned. Talk on the Princess threads about what a mess the system is, should I be concerned? I'm not opposed to the concept but surely they should have made sure it worked.

Also chatter about making dinner appointments? We are booked for anytime dining, does that mean make reservations on Princess? I'm confused.

10 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

This is rather interesting, we have booked an East Coast Canada cruise for late August early September next year. We have never sailed on Princess and this whole medallion thing has got me concerned. Talk on the Princess threads about what a mess the system is, should I be concerned? I'm not opposed to the concept but surely they should have made sure it worked.

Also chatter about making dinner appointments? We are booked for anytime dining, does that mean make reservations on Princess? I'm confused.

I was on one of the first ships with the Medallion. The process is fairly simple.

I don't think you have to be concerned. Princess is trying to make the Medallion the go to tool for everything but with all the info it kind of confuses things.

Anytime dining is exactly that...you can go anytime but if there is a lineup then you probably will sign in with your Medallion app and they will let you know its your turn. They will use the Medallion to find you. 

If you want one of the speciality dining you can make dinner reservations with the Medallion app.

If you don't have a cell phone you can use your tv or one of the screens by the elevators.

The Medallion sends data to the computer server where they track everything about you...what your drink, whether you left your stateroom to go to breakfast so cabin steward can clean your cabin, whether you left the ship and when you came back (unlike the old card which sometimes missed people and they had to hunt for you before the ship departs). 

The Medallion opens your cabin door when you get 10 feet of the entrance.

It does make the cabin crew more efficient and more work for servers as passengers expect their drink by time they sit down. Also for those not drinking the severs will know and can provide suggestions.This goes for the dining room servers as well, they know your pre dinner dinner and your diet requirements.

bottom line...big brother is watching you...just kidding...enjoy!

It would be interesting when the computer system crashes and everything is back to pre technology. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We were on a Medallion cruise in Oct. 2019.  Pre cruise we were also concerned, turns out unnecessarily.  No smartphone at the time but did all thru ipad.  Picked up the medallion at the port (they do not ship to Canada) and while on the cruise only needed the medallion.  You can look up locations of companions at screens near elevators, no need to carry devices with you.  We didnt order drinks etc, so dont know if that works without a device.

Since, we have an android phone and downloading app was no problem.  All data from prev. Cruise like photos, passport info was already downloaded from our account into the app. Not sure why so many are having probs but could be because we had sailed a Medallion cruise before.

irregardless they are not going to stop you from cruising because you couldnt do the app.  Staff at the port will take care of you.