July Vista Cruisers 5% link

txgranny

If you received the carnival letter w link to add a member of your cruise (for kids under 12 or medical reasons why they can't be vaccinated for over 12) can you let us know if you're approved to sail? Thinking this will possibly be the same for August Vista cruises and concerned about what happens if we can't keep the 4yo masked as it usually lasts 15 min at most then its off.  I'm not sure if the June 14th date to cancel for full refund is applicable and yes, I'll call Carnival to verify. I hope they post August protocols this week.

VACCINE EXEMPTION COMMUNICATION

The CDC’s guidelines for operating a highly-vaccinated cruise provide the ability to accommodate a small number of unvaccinated guests (children under 12 who cannot be vaccinated and exemptions as required by federal law) on restricted voyages, based on the total number of vaccinated guests on board. If you would like to be considered because a member of your traveling party is unvaccinated and meets this criteria, please complete the information below to receive a follow-up communication with the requirements to be considered and the specific protocols you will be required to observe.

https://www.carnival.com/vaccine-exemption-update?utm_source=bg&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=060821&fbclid=IwAR2CFNg6nOkqGveacR4li7dyYtiqJg4q4hTQ0kWEzlTgBmnVoccKaw9MrZc

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Thanks 1

Thank you. I'm waiting to see what the protocols are for those who are under 12,  once carnival approves the individual to travel from completing the form.  Thinking that if 4yo can't keep mask on we would be delegated to our stateroom unless we're at splash zone or dining, which is why I purchased Grand Suite in case for more room. 

• Like 2

Hopefully, someone cruising in early July will be able to post more information as they receive it.  Some of those people must have children under 12, so will be completing the form and receiving more information.

I hope it works out for you!

• Like 3

I'm leaning on cancellation route, but don't want to pull the trigger yet. But I think we only have till June 14, nx Monday, so really hope they announce Aug protocols this week.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, txgranny said:

I'm leaning on cancellation route, but don't want to pull the trigger yet. But I think we only have till June 14, nx Monday, so really hope they announce Aug protocols this week.  

Our twins are 4 year old and I believe CDC says mask are only required for kids 5 and up, so you still might be good.

• Like 1

So nobody has posted yet if their child got approved to cruise? My concern for Aug Vista cruise is carnival gave us to Monday, June 14 to cancel for full refund and if it's taking 2 days to get approval it may be beyond the cut off date for refund as August has not received the letter w link yet.  Maybe carnival will change the refund or final payment date.

• Like 1

You may want to contact your PVP and see if they can give you a little leeway on the final payment date, pending the protocol for children. I know in the past my PVP said if I needed a few more days wiggle room on final payment, to just call him. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, txgranny said:

So nobody has posted yet if their child got approved to cruise? My concern for Aug Vista cruise is carnival gave us to Monday, June 14 to cancel for full refund and if it's taking 2 days to get approval it may be beyond the cut off date for refund as August has not received the letter w link yet.  Maybe carnival will change the refund or final payment date.

You could always try clicking on the link, filling in your cruise information, and seeing what happens.

Edited by TNcruising02

9 minutes ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

You may want to contact your PVP and see if they can give you a little leeway on the final payment date, pending the protocol for children. I know in the past my PVP said if I needed a few more days wiggle room on final payment, to just call him. 

Thanks its paid in full already

6 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

You could always try clicking on the link, filling in your cruise information, and seeing what happens.

I was thinking about that but was worried about getting in trouble or not being able to resubmit when the August letter comes out. It's hard being someone who has everything planned out and now not knowing ! Not one for surprises

• Like 1

I’m on Breeze for July and filled out the exemption request (for our 5 year old) immediately once received yesterday evening. As of right now, no follow up communication from Carnival yet. I’d assume same for Vista. My hope is it’s provided before the June 14th deadline to rebook/cancel.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lancerTXST said:

I’m on Breeze for July and filled out the exemption request (for our 5 year old) immediately once received yesterday evening. As of right now, no follow up communication from Carnival yet. I’d assume same for Vista. My hope is it’s provided before the June 14th deadline to rebook/cancel.

Thank you lancer. Please keep us updated on what you find out. All of us are VERY interested in what you find out. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 8:39 AM, txgranny said:

If you received the carnival letter w link to add a member of your cruise (for kids under 12 or medical reasons why they can't be vaccinated for over 12) can you let us know if you're approved to sail? Thinking this will possibly be the same for August Vista cruises and concerned about what happens if we can't keep the 4yo masked as it usually lasts 15 min at most then its off.  I'm not sure if the June 14th date to cancel for full refund is applicable and yes, I'll call Carnival to verify. I hope they post August protocols this week.

We got our email last Tuesday for vista out of Galveston on July 10, 21 for our 10 year old grandson. We filled it out and in 5 minutes sent it back in. 
8 people in our family group. 

on Thursday we received a email we were denied. Had 2 , 3-way calls with TA and carnival rep. They would not tell us their criteria or how they would pick . 

very frustrating