2 Test Positive

20 minutes ago, Babr said:

Including quarantine costs? I’ve seen many that cover medical treatment  or cancellation if you test positive at the last minute. I don’t think I saw anything about hotel costs, meals, etc. for quarantine  except as an add-on.

Is it permissible to name them or against CC policy?

Thanks

I don't know any names but I read a few months ago a vaccinated nurse tested positive for her return to the US.  In the article she stated she was able to purchase  a covid insurance.  She claimed it covered the hotel she had to say in quarantine and food etc.  I do not know if she had or it covers medical.  She made it sound like an add on when she booked her trip.  So it must be out there.  First I had heard of it but it makes sense

• Thanks 1

Just now, Babr said:

If you mean the flight home, it won’t.

Yes, that's what I was referring to.  Either this type of thing will slow the cruise business down from bad news etc.  Or it will be ignored and glossed over.  No way will the foot the bills like that for a private ride home

Isolating 2 infected people on a boat full of vaccinated people is the dumbest idea ever. 

They think this is a good idea but now people know that you are one test away from being locked in your cabin like a prisoner on the RCCL Alcatraz. 

The odds of fully vaccinated to fully vaccinated transmission is actually 1/35,000 x 1/35,000 according to the odds. 

At best you can argue they are not allowed in to port but the rest of the ship is no more risk than people going to port and meeting with infected people in the port.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Yes... not just one person, but 200. Even if it was just an overnight only in your cabin, it would suck. 

It’s not ideal but it depends a little in your cabin we have a royal suite on Celebrity in a few weeks 500 sq ft with a 200sq ft balcony with a hot tub. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sept10dsm said:

Yes, that's what I was referring to.  Either this type of thing will slow the cruise business down from bad news etc.  Or it will be ignored and glossed over.  No way will the foot the bills like that for a private ride home

Well, actually, I think it may be part of a cruise with confidence plan, or whatever it is called. For bookings up to a certain date, some cruise lines will help you with expenses related to quarantine and rebooking flights. After that it, will be up to the passenger to pay whether it is out of his own pocket or with insurance. If you choose to buy it, read carefully. Insurance companies, like cruise lines, will not take on the risk of something they think is pretty likely to happen.

I suppose these folks got a private plane because they tested positive - can’t fly commercially. I don’t know what they do about re-entry into the country.

Anybody else would have to quarantine in place until they test negative.

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Does anyone know if they took these 2 travelers and moved them to interior cabins on the lower deck near the medical center for their quarantine?     That is my fear, I would hate being in an interior cabin.    I have to have a window at minimum.      

Usually there's not a lot of other cabins to move people to, even. So what happens now might not influence what happens later much, if at all.

5 minutes ago, hellsop said:

MIght be cheaper than hotels for quarantine time and commercial flights back.

Hmmm.  Husband flies corporate jets for a private charter company. Upwards of $30K for domestic US trip. One way. I understand these folks are Dutch nationals, so if it’s a flight to Europe, just add that much more on top.  But hey, if you can travel that way, more power to you! 😉

1 hour ago, Pandamonia said:

Isolating 2 infected people on a boat full of vaccinated people is the dumbest idea ever. 

They think this is a good idea but now people know that you are one test away from being locked in your cabin like a prisoner on the RCCL Alcatraz. 

The odds of fully vaccinated to fully vaccinated transmission is actually 1/35,000 x 1/35,000 according to the odds. 

At best you can argue they are not allowed in to port but the rest of the ship is no more risk than people going to port and meeting with infected people in the port.

This is a CDC requirement.  They have to follow rules.

12 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Hmmm.  Husband flies corporate jets for a private charter company. Upwards of $30K for domestic US trip. One way. I understand these folks are Dutch nationals, so if it’s a flight to Europe, just add that much more on top.  But hey, if you can travel that way, more power to you! 😉

The cruise line might be insured for this.

2 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Sets kind of a precedent though.  

Yes if everyone wants the same deal. I’m guessing that the cruise line has been tossing a few dollars into the pot for each passenger for years to cover special circumstances. There’s probably enough to cover this kind of thing for awhile, and it might be worth doing whatever it takes until things are back to “normal.”

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Think if should come up Covd+ Quarantine me to the Ship for 14 extra nites, or at min in my Oversized Balcony Cabin

I think they contract with hotels on land. Still, it could be OK if you don’t mind being confined to your room. 

1 hour ago, Pandamonia said:

Yes, on Shore Quarantine not required or expected. Though for them 2 Nites, think I'd be ok. At least they get Prorated Cruise(at min) and extras for those days refunded...My last 2 nites of Cruise are always Sea Days anyway and would like stay in own Aft/Corner Cabin with oversized Balcony

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 minutes ago, Babr said:

I think they contract with hotels on land. Still, it could be OK if you don’t mind being confined to your room. 

I know, just wishing on a Star. Going threw Covid caused Cruise withdrawal 

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

It’s not ideal but it depends a little in your cabin we have a royal suite on Celebrity in a few weeks 500 sq ft with a 200sq ft balcony with a hot tub. 

Exactly why I upgraded us to a GS.  Spending a few days or more, in a lovely cabin with my husband is not the end of the world.  Room service, wifi, reading, my knitting and a gorgeous view doesn’t hurt either.

• Like 4