June 19th Star Breeze Cruise is now a "Cruise to Nowhere"

Windsailer

I'm booked for the July 24 sailing, and was intending to spend most, if not all of the time on the ship.

But I wonder if Windstar will get this sorted out by then.  I'm sure that it will be at least two weeks/sailings before there are any changes, since it takes at least two weeks after the jab to be considered vaccinated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colo-cruiser said:

I'm booked for the July 24 sailing, and was intending to spend most, if not all of the time on the ship.

But I wonder if Windstar will get this sorted out by then.  I'm sure that it will be at least two weeks/sailings before there are any changes, since it takes at least two weeks after the jab to be considered vaccinated.

Same sailing. We have a very active roll call...just kidding...me and another couple. I can't help but think WS would know this about the crew. We have been discussing lack of crew vax and we don't work there. And that 2 weeks is based on if it is one shot or two shot which would take longer. They should have gone with the 100% crew vax at least to get things rolling. We will stay tuned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colo-cruiser said:

I am booked on the July 3rd cruise. I hope this gets sorted out before then.

2 hours ago, adomatic said:

July 10th! Yup hope it gets worked out! I can't imagine all these cruises will be free! The article made it seem like they were going to stop in some ports. 

I think the only port on the inaugural sailing will be St. Maarten. They will probably anchor off a few islands and let the passengers have fun with watersports.

3 minutes ago, Oldsweets said:

We are on the 26 June Cruise and haven’t heard anything yet from windstar so O 

I am sure Windstar will wait until the last possible moment to notify passengers. 

I also think this is a "health and safety" issue. When I booked the cruise it was represented to me that all passengers and crew would be vaccinated. I don't think they were able to deliver on the crew being vaccinated. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oldsweets said:

Sorry, Dang clumsy fingers.  
I called Windstar tonite and they said so far week one is the only impacted week but they would make a decision about week 2 probably in the next 72 hours 

I think it is more likely than not that they will do the same thing for next weeks cruise also. 

Even if they could vaccinate everyone with a one shot dose today, (which apparently they can’t or I’m sure it would already be done,)those people would not have immunity for two weeks. 

Most of the crew comes from countries which have had little to no vaccines available. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pudgesmom said:

Even if they could vaccinate everyone with a one shot dose today, (which apparently they can’t or I’m sure it would already be done,)those people would not have immunity for two weeks. 

Most of the crew comes from countries which have had little to no vaccines available. 

I agree! 

My kid lives in the USVI.  I haven't heard anything about day trips to the BVI resuming from St Thomas. I don't know if the BVI is a sticking point for not accepting passengers. I will check in with her tomorrow night and ask her what she knows.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MNgardens said:

My kid lives in the USVI.  I haven't heard anything about day trips to the BVI resuming from St Thomas. I don't know if the BVI is a sticking point for not accepting passengers. I will check in with her tomorrow night and ask her what she knows.

From what I have heard on this board the BVI's are not accepting passengers from anywhere. 

I firmly believe that Windstar needs to step up to the plate and be transparent on this issue. If they now know that future cruises will not be able to sail to ports in July on the Star Breeze they should communicate that to the passengers. Celebrity and other lines have done so. Kudos to them! 

7 minutes ago, MNgardens said:

Day trippers haven’t resumed to the BVI but they have lifted the quarantine for vaccinated travelers which is great. When we went in March we had a 4 day Q but going back now in Sept and for the holidays. My friend that works at the BVI port authority mentioned that a fully vaccinated crew and pax are a condition in their port agreement to stop in the BVI as a port of call. Tour companies in the BVI have also not yet been given protocols for excursions. 

Edited by minidonuts85
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, minidonuts85 said:

Day trippers haven’t resumed to the BVI but they have lifted the quarantine for vaccinated travelers which is great. When we went in March we had a 4 day Q but going back now in Sept and for the holidays. My friend that works at the BVI port authority mentioned that a fully vaccinated crew and pax are a condition in their port agreement to stop in the BVI as a port of call. 

I think the issue is that the crew is not fully vaccinated. 

To MNgardens point about vaccination period, even if the last of the vaccinations happened today, it’s 14 days to be considered fully vaxxed which could likely impact even the second sailing. 

Edited by minidonuts85
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1