Thinking of booking the Edge from FLL

maggieq

• maggieq changed the title to Thinking of booking the Edge from FLL
1 hour ago, maggieq said:

If vaccinated, is there mandatory testing pre and post cruise?  Thanks!

We can only go by what they’ve announced publicly.  That is, 95% of their passengers will be vaccinated.  The other 5% who will be allowed on unvaccinated are purportedly for children who do not qualify for the vaccinations.  As of right now, that’s anyone under 16.  Starting August 1, that age drops down to 12.

The big questions, how do they handle the non-vaccinated passengers, and how will they handle the proof of vaccinations.

So far, (and these are all guesses) they will not “ask” for proof of vaccinations, but if you volunteer it, you’ll be considered vaccinated.  If you do not voluntarily offer proof of vaccination, they will consider you not vaccinated, regardless if you are or you aren’t.

If you do not volunteer proof of vaccination, you will be subject to more COVID tests (we don’t know which kind, yet) at the passengers’ expense, and be subject to mask wearing when in public indoor spaces on the ship.

All of this will undoubtedly be driven by each port country’s requirements, too.

We probably won’t know for certain how this will work until the Edge first sails on June 26 and then on July 1st sailing.

As best I can tell, we won’t know the pre/post cruise protocols will be for testing, either.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

I could be wrong but when we flew home from Mexico we were required to have a Covid test to board the plane to enter the US.  
Since the cruise will visit ports outside the  US I would expect that we will be tested on the ship before debarkation so that we can enter the US. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lalauren said:

Helpful info at https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/healthy-at-sea-protocols.pdf

If I'm interpreting correctly, looks like testing will be required prior to flight but not after the cruise (for vaccinated folks).

I'm not really understanding the requirement for a NAAT or antigen test 3 day prior to a cruisers flights departure.  What flight and why would this be required?  I can fly anywhere in the US without a test. Celebrity has said no testing for vaxxed pax.  Is this a a requirement to return to the US?  If so why does it specify before your flights departure, what if you drove to the port. 

Everything else is pretty clear.

I'm still curious how well Celebrity will be able to weave around their 100% vaxxed above 12 requirement and the ridiculous Florida law.

5 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan said:

I'm not really understanding the requirement for a NAAT or antigen test 3 day prior to a cruisers flights departure.  What flight and why would this be required?  I can fly anywhere in the US without a test. Celebrity has said no testing for vaxxed pax.  Is this a a requirement to return to the US?  If so why does it specify before your flights departure, what if you drove to the port. 

Everything else is pretty clear.

I'm still curious how well Celebrity will be able to weave around their 100% vaxxed above 12 requirement and the ridiculous Florida law.

Hmm...on this other page (https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements) it says, "All non-US residents must present a negative NAAT or Antigen test taken 3 days prior to their flight’s departure." Though the PDF says "all travelers," perhaps the pre-testing requirement is only for non-US folks who are flying into US for the cruise. I'm not sure!

7 minutes ago, lalauren said:

Hmm...on this other page (https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements) it says, "All non-US residents must present a negative NAAT or Antigen test taken 3 days prior to their flight’s departure." Though the PDF says "all travelers," perhaps the pre-testing requirement is only for non-US folks who are flying into US for the cruise. I'm not sure!

That makes more sense.  Probably a typo.  everything is changing so fast no time to proofread.