Carnival & Covid

camper49

On 6/19/2021 at 10:10 AM, TNcruising02 said:

.  I resented every single time I had to wear a mask.  I was never a threat to anyone.  

I used to wear a big bandana. Every few days I could wash it. I dont normally have breathing problems but I did with the masks. The bandana covered more and I could tuck it into the top of my TShirt Other older people also wore them in my area of the country. Isnt it odd that they quarantined and locked down the healthy people. I only left my house twice a month for the grocery store for months. We did parking lot church where we just sat in our cars and listened to the pastor on the radio for about six  months so I didnt need one then. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hurricane0226 said:

not in the  US.

Location is irrelevant. Protocols for mitigation have been in place on cruises run by Carnival (Aida, Costa), MSC, Viking, Royal Caribbean and have been shown to work.

On 6/19/2021 at 2:46 PM, Radiioman46 said:

It is extremely rare for an asymptomatic person to spread. Treating everybody like they're super spreaders is offensive to say the least.  

Where in the world did you get that idea?  Asymptomatic people are a big reason it spread so fast.  Asymptomatic people who thought they couldn't be contagious so they went about their lives like nothing was wrong.  The truth is that if you are not vaccinated or haven't had covid (at least possibly) you are a possible host and spreader of this virus.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MrMarc said:

Because the vaccine is not 100%, and the more infections, symptomatic or not, the more chance of a mutation that will use a different spike to attach to, thus avoiding the vaccine.  It also creates more of a chance of an outbreak that could affect the entire cruise.  It's all about what level of risk people are willing to take or impose on others.

As a vaccinated individual I'm not worried about getting the virus. I see no need to segregate from unvacced  people. I don't agree with your opinion at all. We have to learn to live again. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bamaone said:

Just out of curiosity, why would unvaccinated individuals need to be separated from vaccinated? Doesn’t make sense. 

It was proposed that the cruise lines do that. One reason might be that you would know which areas of the ship require passengers to wear masks and which do not. 

16 hours ago, bamaone said:

As a vaccinated individual I'm not worried about getting the virus. I see no need to segregate from unvacced  people. I don't agree with your opinion at all. We have to learn to live again. 

The reason the cruise line is offering vaxxed people the opportunity to be segregated from the un-vaxxed is for one reason........so vaxxed people DO NOT HAVE TO MASK UP. That is the only reason to keep areas available to vaxxed only. Let's not forget that any time there is a mixed gathering of vaxxed and un-vaxed, EVERYONE will have to mask up.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 9:20 PM, bamaone said:

Just out of curiosity, why would unvaccinated individuals need to be separated from vaccinated? Doesn’t make sense. 

Mixed gatherings of vaxxed and un-vaxxed will all have to mask up. As a fully vaccinated person, I do not want to have to mask up anywhere ever on a ship. These "mixed" sailings are not for me so I won't even be tempted to sail with those protocols.