What is a "test cruise"?

neptuno

Nothing to be ready for. The test cruise is to see if the the cruise line and their ships are ready for cruising. Nothing more. As of the other day. Test cruises are no longer required. Nor are the 95% of cruises required to be vaccinated. Of course. Things do change.

So difficult to understand....things are changing weekly.  It seems that Meraviglia was just cleared for "test cruising" and then every summer cruise cancelled.  Still would appreciate anyone's feedback on their understanding and even any correspondence from MSC USA.  Thx.

14 hours ago, neptuno said:

Just heard on the nightly news, MSC "test cruise" is occupied by "volunteer employees".  The key word is "emplyoyees"'>  All vaxed according to MSC.

I doubt very seriously that MSC USA has enough employees in Fort Lauderdale to fill out the necessary number of ‘passengers’ to constitute a test cruise.

Well, if you  believe everything on the nightly news, they did say "employees".  But I got to thinking...Maybe they would pay me to get on the test cruise, and I would become an "employee".