NCL pricing and 10% discount

Beaver1975

dont be shocked! i have said many times before "ncl dont give away ice cubes in winter"  they've have this same "limited time only" 30% off promotion since last november. prior to that the  prices were lower than what was now charged with the 30% off

Devil's advocate here.

Looking backwards, I used to tell folks that I thought NCL was the best value for the informed consumer, but perhaps the worst for the uninformed.

Not done exhaustive research, but in my opinion, NCL has...

The best loyalty program

The best on-board booking incentives (Cruise Next)

The best shareholder benefits program

However, as a solo traveler, living in Florida, the greatest savings come from the last-minute fares if they drop the single supplement.

Going forward may be a different story, but all of the cruise lines are raising prices...significantly.

im not taking anything away from ncl. in fact since 2010, we've taken 18 cruises with them, the last 5 or 6 either in a haven or a suite (if the ship didnt have a haven) we have the getaway 2 family haven suite booked for nov, and the 2 family suite on the star nov 2022 (it doesnt have a haven)

i agree with you on all points.  that being said, i was merely pointing out not to be disappointed  by anything they do (other than cancelling cruises, of which 7 of mine have been cancelled since march 2020)

at this point, the loyalty program doesnt do me a world of good, we're platinum + at 196 points, and i figured out we would need to take 2 14 day cruises per year for the next 8 years to reach ambassador.

i'm 73 and should only live that long. and of course prices will increase (on almost everything) it's called inflation. we live in los angeles, and i just paid $4.199 a gallon for gasoline

On 6/20/2021 at 7:07 AM, Beaver1975 said:

It was very nice of NCL to give us a 10% discount certificate for our canceled cruise since prices are up between 30% and 40%.

They cancelled one of my cruises and happily applied the 10% discount to another cruise I had booked for 2022.  Do you folks just book one cruise at a time??  What's up with that?

I was going to ask if you could apply the 10% discount to a cruise that you have already booked.  It looks like you can if you did it.  I am still waiting anxiously to hear any news about the cruise I have leaving from Athens on July 25, 2021 (Jade).

I have a cruise booked in March 2022 that I will apply the 10% discount if the Jade is cancelled next month.