Huge Price Drop August 1st Horizon Sailing

tap_out

1 minute ago, JFasbender said:

Did a fake booking today for same cruise and category and the rate was double.  Glad I got in when I did.

Mine is still good and that the offer is good till July 2nd but Im with you I am not trying to waste anytime. 

49 minutes ago, tap_out said:

I imagine at this price its going to book up pretty fast. Wish my wife would make up her mind! 

If you go online and click to the booking page, you have the option to hold the cruise. It will hold the rate and cabin for 96 hours. If you are afraid to lose the rate or cabin this is good. I just missed a port hole cabin I would have booked had I seen a rate earlier on my last booking. 

Nothing to lose by holding it. Expires if your wife doesnt want it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If you go online and click to the booking page, you have the option to hold the cruise. It will hold the rate and cabin for 96 hours. If you are afraid to lose the rate or cabin this is good. I just missed a port hole cabin I would have booked had I seen a rate earlier on my last booking. 

Nothing to lose by holding it. Expires if your wife doesnt want it.

Good to know I always thought it was just a 24hr hold 

14 minutes ago, tap_out said:

Good to know I always thought it was just a 24hr hold 

It starts out as a 24 hour hold (I did one recently), but it will probably be extended if you call/ask, or maybe even ask you if you want to extend as you get close to the timer expiring.

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

It starts out as a 24 hour hold (I did one recently), but it will probably be extended if you call/ask, or maybe even ask you if you want to extend as you get close to the timer expiring.

Ove done 2 in the last month online. Both were 96 hours. I even called and tried to cancel. They wouldnt. I booked one. Neither were ever 24 hours. They started at 96 hours when I clicked to hold.,

Maybe it varys like offers... but saying it starts off 24 hours ...isnt always true. Never saw a 24.

Click a hold button online .. I always got 96 hours. Try it.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Ove done 2 in the last month online. Both were 96 hours. I even called and tried to cancel. They wouldnt. I booked one. Neither were ever 24 hours. They started at 96 hours when I clicked to hold.,

Maybe it varys like offers... but saying it starts off 24 hours ...isnt always true. Never saw a 24.

Click a hold button online .. I always got 96 hours. Try it.

I did a hold last week.  24 hrs.  Not 48 or 96.

Maybe it depends on cruise length?  This was for a 5-day cruise.

19 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I did a hold last week.  24 hrs.  Not 48 or 96.

Maybe it depends on cruise length?  This was for a 5-day cruise.

Mine were too, both were 96, so as I said it varys, you cant say it's always this or that.

Last was breeze 5 day, oct 30, 2021. 

Just booked a 7-day solo interior on the Panorama for Sept for $230. Never stayed in an interior but at that price, I had to. Im seeing $130 5-dayers out of Port Canaveral, also. These are solo rates - they didn't charge me double occupancy. 

Edited by Bers
  • Thanks 1

Just did a mock booking for a Havana Cabana on our Aug 21st cruise and it is currently 120 more than we paid. Put it on hold and sent to my PVP to see about getting OBC for it, since we've already paid in full.

And you're right, I just went back and looked and this hold is only 24 hours. My previous holds for other cruises have all been 96 hours. Although, I think it might have been either the last or next to last Havana Cabana, so maybe if there are only a few cabins left, the hold is shorter. 

Edited by Wanna_Cruize
More info

2 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Just did a mock booking for a Havana Cabana on our Aug 21st cruise and it is currently 120 more than we paid. Put it on hold and sent to my PVP to see about getting OBC for it, since we've already paid in full.

And you're right, I just went back and looked and this hold is only 24 hours. My previous holds for other cruises have all been 96 hours. Although, I think it might have been either the last or next to last Havana Cabana, so maybe if there are only a few cabins left, the hold is shorter. 

There were lots of cabins available when I did it last week. 4 right in front of the cabin I had booked the leg before, more mid and aft, didnt count but lots left. So maybe that's it.

Just a little update. We book a Havana cabana today for $1770. With my future cruise credit we ended up under $1500. This is a real treat for us, we would never be able to afford a cabana under normal pricing. 

5 hours ago, tap_out said:

Just a little update. We book a Havana cabana today for $1770. With my future cruise credit we ended up under $1500. This is a real treat for us, we would never be able to afford a cabana under normal pricing. 

That's an awesome price!

6 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

That's an awesome price!

Yeah really looking forward to it. Hope things are close to cruising the way we remember it. Maybe even better in some aspects......limited capacity, less children? Either way I plan on enjoying myself . 

I was shocked when I logged in to see those VIFP deals too!  We don't gamble, so I haven't received a decent offer since 2016!  We actually canceled our Celebrity & HAL cruises to book Horizon 8/15 & 10/2... saved over $6,000 after purchasing Cheers, Wifi, and Specialty Dining for both cruises!!  The hold feature wasn't active for that rate code, so my sweet PVP quickly booked them for me as she waited for her dinner to be delivered.  Excited to get my Alchemy and Steakhouse fix! 

14 hours ago, TheMettins said:

I was shocked when I logged in to see those VIFP deals too!  We don't gamble, so I haven't received a decent offer since 2016!  We actually canceled our Celebrity & HAL cruises to book Horizon 8/15 & 10/2... saved over $6,000 after purchasing Cheers, Wifi, and Specialty Dining for both cruises!!  The hold feature wasn't active for that rate code, so my sweet PVP quickly booked them for me as she waited for her dinner to be delivered.  Excited to get my Alchemy and Steakhouse fix! 

Yeah this was kind of a once in a lifetime for us.  Under normal circumstances we would never be able to swing a cabana in the Havana. Really looking forward to everything.  The only downside for us on our last horizon cruise was the overcrowding.  Hoping capacity stays fairly low and we're shaping up for a one of a kind cruise.  

I am getting offers for Magic 4 day balcony for 310 pp, but 7 day horizon balcony is 649 pp, logged in as vifp gold. It's possible they are doing some revenue management experiments, and offer different pricing to different people to see where demand falls off.

I suspect Carnival had to bump reservations for families with young kids ineligible for vax, so they suddenly have some extra room. 

Edited by zzdoug

11 hours ago, tap_out said:

Yeah this was kind of a once in a lifetime for us.  Under normal circumstances we would never be able to swing a cabana in the Havana. Really looking forward to everything.  The only downside for us on our last horizon cruise was the overcrowding.  Hoping capacity stays fairly low and we're shaping up for a one of a kind cruise.  

Oh no :(  That's why we haven't tried the Vista Class ships- hubs isn't a fan of crowds.  We tried the NCL Breakaway thinking we'd be fine since the GT/pax ratio was decent... boy were we wrong!  I figured start-up capacity would be similar to what RC and Celebrity are doing, but per John Heald's numbers, I figured wrong!  I'm noticing a trend here 🤣 stick w/ what we know and like!!

Oh well, I'm sure we'll be so happy to be on a ship we won't notice everyone else!  It'll be the hubs first time experiencing a Cove, I hope he likes them as much as I do!  I enjoyed the Breeze during my single years, so I should be fine... and I'll just make sure the hubs has a spot at the Alchemy Bar!!

Have a great cruise

• Like 1

I am a solo traveler.  I found an inside room on Horizon 8 day cruise on 8/21/21 for $535 I jumped on it!  No single supplement.  I was logged in to my VIFP # when I found it,  the screen said Carnival Invitational special rate.  I had never heard of that before or seen it before.  I don’t have a PVP either.   Searching for cruise deals is part of the fun for me.  Happy searching and cruising!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BeachDiva101 said:

I am a solo traveler.  I found an inside room on Horizon 8 day cruise on 8/21/21 for $535 I jumped on it!  No single supplement.  I was logged in to my VIFP # when I found it,  the screen said Carnival Invitational special rate.  I had never heard of that before or seen it before.  I don’t have a PVP either.   Searching for cruise deals is part of the fun for me.  Happy searching and cruising!!!

I'm with you I don't have a pvp I depend on.  I have booked 90% of our cruises online myself. I had written off cruising this year but being as ocd as I always jump on and look for a deal. Glad I did! 

12 hours ago, TheMettins said:

Oh no 😞That's why we haven't tried the Vista Class ships- hubs isn't a fan of crowds.  We tried the NCL Breakaway thinking we'd be fine since the GT/pax ratio was decent... boy were we wrong!  I figured start-up capacity would be similar to what RC and Celebrity are doing, but per John Heald's numbers, I figured wrong!  I'm noticing a trend here 🤣 stick w/ what we know and like!!

Oh well, I'm sure we'll be so happy to be on a ship we won't notice everyone else!  It'll be the hubs first time experiencing a Cove, I hope he likes them as much as I do!  I enjoyed the Breeze during my single years, so I should be fine... and I'll just make sure the hubs has a spot at the Alchemy Bar!!

Have a great cruise

I did cruise peak time in the middle of August prior. Vista is at 75%, i am thinking we will come in around the same. Going to be a ton less kids though. I think those numbers will make a big difference to our last cruise.  Havana spoiled us and us a must now.  Stay positive and have a blast.  

• Like 1